Parents of bipolar children Community Group

A group for parents of bipolar children to network with other parents, offer support, advice and hope while we struggle through this hard and trying part of our lives.

0 Online
  • My daughter has been struggling for years.... 1/2 her life. She is 27. She has been in and out of hospitals (just got released again today). Can't seem to hold a job (not fired, just quits and moves on), gets herself into horrible, dangerous situations, etc. She doesn't want me 'involved' in her 'care' or in contact with Drs or therapists. I feel no matter what I say or do, I am wrong. I refuse...
  • sigmund2

playdates

This hurts me to say, but my child is struggling to make and keep friends. One small success has been at her playgroup, whuch i am now in charge of...kids are taking a liking to me and tgerefore r nicer to her. Took me time to win some of them over but i did. One on one playdates tho r so difficult. Parents wont level with me, just tgey stop calling. She, my daughter, can get scarred. What...
  • sigmund2

dr clarks brain blog

A neurologust by the name of dr. Clark has somethibg to say in his blog. 1 in 2 ppl can dramatically reduces symptoms by NOT eating these 22 foods. No i dont work for him byt have seen my extreme anger fits wane when sticking to this diet:http://drclark.typepad.com/dr_david_clark/2011/05/casein-sensitivity-and-bipolar-disorder.html
  • waddlesworth06

SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS?

I have bi-polar and my oldest daughter was (before she passed away) bi-polar. How can I tell if my 12yo daughter is bipolar? She seems to have graduated from ODD to something else. I see the mood swings and some of the things that I go through. Her Pdoc hasn't given me any idea of what her diagnosis is lately. I'm so afraid that she will go down the same path as my oldest. I want to get her...
  • deleted_user

changing medicine

My son has been on ADHD medicine since he was 5. He was diagnosed with mood disorder and ADHD. But the mood is the part that is most distrubing to deal with. I've listened to him tell me to kill him, stab him in the heart. He says he knows he's going to hell, and that I want him to go there. Last March he put a rope around his neck but he didn't know why. He is only 9 yrs. old. This is the...
  • We have a wonderful boy who is 5 and we have always had our share of challenges with. The past three months thi gs have been escalating into quite severe episodes. I am so worried and have been seeking help but feels like we are just playing the waiting game while things continue to worsen and I am wearing down myself. I am hear to talk to other moms and to listen as well. I dont know if my son...
  • deleted_user

Feeling like a bad parent....

My 19 year old daughter was diagnosed last week with BP. Though, I think I've known her diaganosis for what seems like forever. As a small child she had moments of anger/depression that I thought then were a reaction to having an absent father. I asked for help from several counselors over the years with not one of them telling us they thought she should see a psychologist. As a parent I feel...
  • My 13 yr old was just diagnosed as bipolar. She has refused to talk to every counselor, medical doctor and psychiatrist that I have taken her to. She says she will not cooperate with a therapist or take any medication. Her biggest hangup right now is that she's having severe issues with her dad and right now has convinced herself that there is nothing "wrong" with her..he just needs to disappear...
  • deleted_user

Need support. Daughter in Hospital

My Daughter is in hospital again, manic symptoms with paranoia. I only found out by contacting one of her friends. He said that she doesn't want anyone to know where she is b/c she thinks they are after her. He won't tell me where she is. I respect his loyalty but I am so sad. It was her birthday yesterday and I am so frustrated by not being able to support her and be with her. Thanks for...
  • deleted_user

New to this...

My 19 year old daughter was diagnosed last week with BP. Though, I think I've known her diaganosis for what seems like forever. As a small child she had moments of anger/depression that I thought then were a reaction to having an absent father. I asked for help from several counselors over the years with not one of them telling us they thought she should see a psychologist. As a parent I feel...
  • Get knowledge and beware and be ready to be blamed for everything. We weren't perfect, its challenging parenting kids like this and were not prepared to sacrifice 19 years to get my son all the help he needed to only have it thrown in my face, and be estranged because we couldn't help our child during puberty and looked for help from hospitalization. Lets discuss when its time to go to the ER,...
  • deleted_user

Introduction and questions

I have a daughter (age 29) who was diagnosed as bipolar several years ago. She is now pregnant and not on any medication. I have never been very close with her, but would like to be even if its for the sake of my new grand-baby. I would like to learn more about bipolar and what I can do to help her. Does anyone else have an adult child with bipolar? How do you deal with all the emotions?
  • deleted_user

Introduction and my story

Hello, I am the mom of twins, boy/girl who are 11. For years we have been struggling with getting my son properly diagnosed with BP. I currently have reports from various psychologists, pediatricians, psychiatrists that now total 80 pages on my child, and no one will come right out and say what they all tell me "your not a stupid woman" when I ask if its BP, because they don't want to "label"...
  • deleted_user

Another attempt

How do you keep running a family, (i have 4 kids) when one is BP? just when i think things are finally leveling out, meds are working, therapy is in place, she flips and it's back to the ER for yet another suicide attempt. She is so terrified of herself that she sleeps on my floor in my room, can't go to school because she doesn't feel safe in her own skin, and there are no beds in any...
  • Kahlua13

Is there any hope?

My 16 year old son was recently diagnosed as BP. He was diagnosed ADHD when he was 4. We adopted him (foster when he was 4, adopted a little over 2 years later.) Personally, after reading all I am reading about BP, he was BP from the start. He is now on Seroquel but I don't think it is doing any good at all. I am SO exhausted. He has smashed up my house (doors, walls, furniture, etc.) ...