I am new to the group! Hello! :)
We noticed our daughter's left eye going outward around the time she was 18 months old. I took her to our pediatrician and he referred us to Hershey Medical Center to see the Pediatric Opthomologist. After our first visit we were sent home with patches---supposed to patch her everyday for 2 hours. I would say we ended up averaging 4 times per week--not successful with getting the patch on everyday. I feel bad about this part---but the doctors did not seem concerned about not patching everyday of the week when we had the next check-up. Went back 6 months later and they said they were seeing no improvement. ON the 3rd visit we had a consulttion with the surgeon. He is saying he agrees with the doctors and thinks surgery would be the best option. We go back on Feb. 27th to see the surgeon again. He says he likes to see all patients 2 times before any final decision is made about surgery. He says it is our decision and they don't want to push us. What I dread most about surgery is the fact that our daughter will have to be put to sleep---I hate the thought of it!
I was wondering if any of you have advice to share.....are your children going or gone through the same experience and what was the outcome?
Are there any other therapies that could be considered before scheduling surgery?
What is prism therapy? I have heard of it, but know nothing about it?