Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma Support Group

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is a type of cancer arising from lymphocytes, a type of white blood cells. It is so called because of its distinction from Hodgkin's disease, a particular subtype of lymphoma. It is in fact an overarching term of many different forms of lymphoma, each with individual characteristics. Most cases start with infiltration of lymph nodes, but specific subtypes may be restricted to the lymphatic organs.

0 Online
0 Online

IVIG

anyone else on IVIG....i finished chemo a lil more than a year ago...and stoped taking IVIG in december of 2009 but In august of this year i had to start taking it again once a month... anyone else on this???? how does it make you feel while/after getting it cuz when im getting the infusion i get horrible back/rib pain..

also if anyone has been to survivor clinic can you let me know what thats like im suposed to go in november...

Replies

lexisgirl
lexisgirl

I have not had IVIG but I belong to another online group that people have. They say a headache the next day is fairly normal and having paid for a few days is normal. I would absolutely talk to your doctor and see what can be done. Most the people that talk about IVIG say they take some Tylenol or Ibuprophen before their infusion. It might be that simple.

Best of luck.
deleted_user
deleted_user

thanks... they do premed me w/ tylenol and bendryl before hand but yet i still get the pains..i will talk to them about it later this month when i go in for my infusion.
lexisgirl
lexisgirl

I hope they are able to help you. The other group also recommends lots and lots of water the day before and the day of. Sounds like gallons of water. That might help too.
deleted_user
deleted_user

are you referring to IV Glammaglobbins? I had that as well if that is what you are referring to.

Please confirm.
deleted_user
deleted_user

its Iv Immunoglobin
deleted_user
deleted_user

I had four rounds of it in the hospital for low WBC and afterwards ended up having migraines for several days along with a stiff neck. I ended up having to go to the ER but eventually it passed and haven't had it since.