Natural Disasters Support Group

This support group is for discussing events that are related to the weather.

0 Online
0 Online
  • tabby2010

Earthquake in Nepal

Hey everyone i have never wrriten in this group before My heart breaks for the people in Nepal the eathquake that struke did horrible damage and killed hundreds of people I cant immigine what the people there are going through they have lost everything they had
  • deleted_user

May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011 will forever be a memory of tragedy for me...flashbacks, nightmares, panic repeatedly set in. I can't go through the day without having thoughts of that deadly, disastrous tornado. How does one move on and heal to the point of not having panic attacks and nightmares? I never thought I would see anything of this proportion up close and personal. My heart breaks every day for all the...
  • nrybacek

Looking to help

Hello! I'm a design student currently looking to help people who have gone though a disaster though my designs. I'm currently looking specifically at helping children who have suffered a disaster by creating something that can be brought in by the Red Cross and set up for the children to play on and then stay in the community and grow as the community gets rebuilt to lessen the affects of PTSD in...
  • I am writing to start a support group for victims of flooding. I live in KY and am now homeless due to the recent flooding of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. My family was lucky. We all survived. We have flood insurance. However, our home was immursed in approximately 2 ft of dirty contaminated river water for 2 weeks. We had gasoline, diesl fuel, kerosene and other fuels in our garage,...
  • I live in Joplin, MO. My grandmother was killed in the tornado. The reminders are everywhere. On the news, the radio, tv, internet, as if i needed a reminder. We were on our way to meet her & my grandfather at a restaurant when she called & said to go somewhere b/c they were putting them in the cooler. I kind of blew her off but said ok & i would call my brothers. I had to get something from...
  • Hollywood8687

Lightening injury

I was injured as a result of a lightening strike not too long ago. It was just over a week ago. As most people who have seen my posts know, I have a lot of serious health issues. I was unplugging a cord and shutting the metal window in the bathroom when lightening hit the house. It knocked out power in the bathroom, and I felt a jolt go right through my body. Ever since, I've had a migraine that...
  • Vance Miller Kitchens. Vance Miller provides the best value kitchens in the UK. Shipped direct for the Vance Miller Kitchens factory in China.[url=http://www.stilhauskitchensreviewsuk.co.uk]Vance Miller Kitchens[/url]
  • deleted_user

Fear/ Phobia

Has anyone else developed a severe fear or phobia of hurricanes? I live in S. Fla and last year, a hurricane blew the roof off the building I lived in. We were w/o electricity for nearly two weeks and it traumatized me. I don\'t think I\'d be soooo afraid if I had a lot more money and knew that I could reestablish myself but when you know that you are low income... plus, I have three pets, and...
  • My husband and I lost my home to a fire in the summer of 2010. It was one of those experiences that you think could never happen to you, then it happens and its shocking and devastating. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. To watch my home and belongings be destroyed and not be able to do anything to stop it; helpless. I still have a hard time seeing fire or even watching fires on...
  • It is hard to imagine that with Hurricane Sandy, that nobody has posted here, but I'll give it a shot.Does anybody want to share their story, vent, cry?
  • deleted_user

Survival Poem

You may have lost so many You will regain plentyLife will get betterThough you may sufferJust know that you will surviveLet go of the painSurvive the rainBe yourself and make yourself happyWith every angle of restraint comes the sun
  • hi i am new here. i never knew this group existed. in may 2010 after my college graduation, one evening on saturday after shabbat, i came inside the house and saw dark smoke from the ceiling coming from my room. the fire came into the next door neighbor's living room burnt a hole. my stuff got seriously damage yet my idiot mother says it can be replaced yet my parents never got renters insurance...
  • tabby2010

House explodes

Hi Yesterday A family lost everything they had even their dog when their house exploded. It happened near my house. in the Indian falls neighborhood in Louisville Ky they woke up to a strong smell of gas their were three people living in the home at the time. The father mother and their three year old made it out of the house right before it exploded and burned to the ground. They have nothing...
  • I felt the quake that originated in Virginia and was felt in Georgia and North and South Carolina in August. I was in a public building when I felt it, it was like a short tremor, I saw the table shake that was in front of me and the floor shook also. We felt the tremor in western Pennsylvania, but Washington D.C. had more damage from buildings crumbling.Then a hurricane comes up the coast,...
  • On August 28, 2005 (which happens to be my bday...minus the year of course) Huricane Katrina hit the US. On that day my parents had finally decided they wanted to get to where they and us would be safe. Our car got caught on the road and there was water everywhere. Dad got me and my sister out of the car and up on a tree when the water got too high. We held onto the tree just praying that this...