Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

1 Online
1 Online

Whole body shaking, anyone?

Does anyone else ever feel like their whole body is shaking, but it isn't?

Every few days I feel like my entire body does this weird shaking vibrating thing. It starts in my chest, and spreads to my whole body...but you can't see anything if you look at me. It's not anxiety (I know what that feels like...this is different and happens at completely random times).

It's scary! The first few times I thought I was having some sort of stroke/heart attack/I don't know. Now I've gotten used to the fact that it happens, but I was just wondering if anyone else has this?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I have what we call waves or quivers that go through my body. Mostly in my lower body, but sometimes throughout my upper body as well. Strange feeling...
deleted_user
deleted_user

I call it the tuning fork. you feel like your whole body is shaking but no one sees anything wrong? I HATE THAT lol
deleted_user
deleted_user

It is a very strange feeling!

And the worst part is that no one else can see it...I always feel like I'm imagining things even though I know I'm not!
Sherie
Sherie

That was one of my first symptoms. I likened it to riding a motorcycle for a long time. Or like bee's buzzing throughout my body. It was a constant for me. It lasted for about 3 months. You do get used to it, but it is very frustrating.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I find that it often gets me when I'm in bed...what better place to be when you think you may be dying??

I'm getting used to it though, and am less worried about what it is every time it happens.
deleted_user
deleted_user

are u taking provigil or any other anti fatigue drug? the stimulant (much like caffeine) can make u jumpy...If u take any anti fatigue drugs talk to ur doc about lowering the dosage
deleted_user
deleted_user

No, I'm not taking anything!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Me too. I thought I was just imagining it.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Lately I keep thinking I'm imagining EVERYTHING, and I find posting about it and finding people that also have it helps me a great deal!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes, I've had this entire body trembling feeling as well. It is scary, I had some kind of twitching feeling coming from my heart it felt like.
I know that stimulants of any kind make this feeling worse for me. Coffee, energy drinks, sugar....
deleted_user
deleted_user

I don't have MS (fortunately) but I do get the quivers or whatever you want to call it. I know exactly how you feel. I don't know what causes it but it probably is some type of neurological thing. Sometimes when I really notice it (because it can happen in various degrees) I will immediately check my blood sugar in case it's low (I'm diabetic). Other times I think perhaps it's anxiety. I also never mention it to my doctor. Isn't that wrong? That we don't feel as though our doctors are interested in hearing about anything they can't pinpoint to a particular cause right off the bat?
tjquiver
tjquiver

BeachMouse...please read my recent post on this HERE:

http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Multiple_Sclerosis_MS/forum/11501827-anyone-else-get-bizarre

And tell me if this is what you're experiencing. If so...I believe (after some research) they "term" this "INTERNAL TREMORS." If it's more of the "buzzing/vibrating"...then it's a type of "PARESTHESIA"...which are simply "odd" sensations from our nerves (pins-&-needles, burning, pinching, bug-biting/crawling, pin-pricks, etc...). ((hugs))
~tj
hmmmingbird
hmmmingbird

The description of a tuning fork is exactly what I've experienced twice in the past month. It's internal and not visible. I think the distinction is that tremors are visible to others.
deleted_user
deleted_user

That happens to me when I overdo it with too much activity and/or stress. Just need to rest when that happens and it goes away.
RiseAndShineSunshine
RiseAndShineSunshine

I have it. It feels just like my body is vibrating, but no one else feels or sees it.The first time it happened I thought the washing machine was on the spin cycle and shaking my trailer, than I realized it was not even on.I am so glad to find others that have this too.I thought I was losing my mind.I also have twitches, and spasms all over.Most the time it is when I lay down after a stressful day.It is like laying on a bed you put a quarter in, ha, ha !The tuning fork is also an excellent description.i feel it mostly in my lower back and legs.