Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online
0 Online

what to do about leg weakness????

Have you found any medication or activity that helps restore your leg weakness?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

one thing i can tell you is energy saving. i know that if i overwork my muscles, and by overwork i mean what most people consider everyday activity, i get more numbness. go to smaller stores, not huge supermarkets, have a list so you dont have to backtrack, park close as possible even if that means waiting a little longer. if someone asks you if you need anything tell them yes, while they are a store they can grt something you may have forgot. rest, take breaks when you do have to walk.i dont know it any of this helps you, but i am not on any meds due to my doctors not believing what they see so i have had to adapt! take care!
Laughter
Laughter

Baclofen worked for me
deleted_user
deleted_user

Leg weakness is the worst of symptoms I think. You need to notice when you feel it, rest, stop. Try to get handicapped parking permit, it helps. Do short errands when possible. I found that physical therapy has helped me to keep up my leg strength.
ChrissyH
ChrissyH

I am currently recieving PT to increase my leg strength.
deleted_user
deleted_user

although overexertion makes me tired and legs weak....I have found that stretching and exercise, on my terms, has increased my leg tone and I am able to go for longer walks now and feel better all around...just don't over do it
Eloise
Eloise

I'm trying to increase my leg strength simply through walking. My goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. Most days I get to 8,000, so I have a ways to go. Nevertheless, I think my legs are getting stronger and I was delighted that my jeans were a tad loose when I put them on this a.m.!

Certain medications can also cause leg weakness and my neuro. took me off the generic for pravachol (cholesterol medicaiton)so this might be working for me. You might want to check if any of your meds. create weakness in the legs as a side effect.