Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online
0 Online

wake up with numb hands?

every morning I wake up with numb, tingly hands. I can still move them, but it's very frustrating! Especially when I'm trying to put on mascara! or brush my teeth. Any one else with this problem?

Replies

dnjnm
dnjnm

Yes Darla, I do often wake with numb hands. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the way i sleep? I would make sure to list this in your notes for your doc though! Best wishes! dd
deleted_user
deleted_user

I not only wake up with my left hand numb it is also very swallon as well.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Darla, I do have numb,tingly hands all the time. It is very frustrating, but like anything with MS, you do get used to it after a while. I can't stand for anyone to touch my right hand though. It hurts like crazy when anyone touches me. I don't wear mascara anymore because I'm afraid I'll poke my eye out and I got an electric toothbrush to help me with brushing.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I also wake up with completely numb hands every morning, but luckily for me, it does away after just a minute or 2.

I am undiagnosed at this point
Christine
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have a great deal of numbness in my hands when I wake up and between meds!
I'm thinking I am getting tolerant to my drugs and may need to up the doeasage.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I also thought that maby I was just starting to sleep funny and laying on my hands until I made a point to see if that were the case. It was not, definitely the ms. besides the fact it never accrued until after I started having symptoms. sometimes it's one hand, one or the other and every once in awhile it's both at the same time. and like someone else had commented, it go's away as soon as I start to move them around and stimulate them. good luck.
deleted_user
deleted_user

YES,DARLA,I HAVE THE SAME PROMBLEM SUM TIME I CANT HARDLY MOVE THEME AT ALL WHEN THAT HAPPEN THAT HURTS BADLY.
deleted_user
deleted_user

almost everysingle morning.
alexx
alexx

ditto for me - during sleep, hav'nt had it in a few months but when it strikes it seems to awake me and there i am with maybe 3 numb fingers or the whole hand - i can clear it always in a few minutes but i know its related to the ms
deleted_user
deleted_user

Bingo - numb as can be.... oh, but lets see is numb better than pain. Cause numbness wares off only to than have awful pain in them.... afternoon not moving them for awhile numbness returns...aren't MS'ers fun ppl. :-)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I feel so validated! This happens to me every single day. I never knew it happened to anyone else!
deleted_user
deleted_user

My left hand has been numb now for over two years 24 hours a day, if I could feel it now, I would think something is wrong. Before I was diagnosed, I thought it was carpal tunnel syndrome, but when it did not go away after 4 months, I decided to get it checked. Some days I am more numb than others but I'm thankful it's my left hand and not my right(I'm right handed)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I know how you feel. I have had MS now for over a year. Never experienced the numb hand until over a week ago. My left thumb is completely numb and I can feel anything. I did have a relaspe two weeks ago and that is when it started and the doctor said the feeling might come back and then again it may never and it's really strange for me because I am left handed and it's hard for me write or pick up things.
deleted_user
deleted_user

You know, my hands also swell up too in the morning carebear. maybe i'm eating too much salt....a girl can wish right!...lol I'm sure it's from the ms. I never had this problem until the first attack I had 7 years ago. But ever since then, EVERY morning, numb hands...I hate ms!!!!!!!! But good point about the numbness verses pain. I mean, at least they don't hurt every morning! Thanks everyone,...lol...for feeling my pain... :O) When I don't have anyone to talk to that will understand, I know you guys will! I love you all!!!! My ms buddies! :O) God Bless!
deleted_user
deleted_user

I was getting tingling in my hands and feet for about a month. Finally, it went away. I have pain and tingling down my right arm yet, but the pain and tingling are in my feet right now.