Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online

stiffness and numbness

I have had extreme stiffness and numbness on the entire left side of my body since November, I had the IV steroid treatments and my walking is somewhat better but the other symtoms are still not good, I am on Zanaflex and baclophen, but I am still not even close to being better, I can't remember how long the steroids take to work, but I am getting really frustrated with this, any other options I have to speed up recovery??

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Debilah, MS is Like that. You`ll have Good days & Not so good days,It also depends on your type~ Remitting,Relaspsing ,ect... Calling your neurologist is The Best Advice I can Give. Good Luck. Love,PEACE &Happiness &Extra Prayers & Best Wishes to YOU & Your Family. Indigo (cindi)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I had numbness this past year. It was followed by pain that no meds could relieve, that it until I was put on Gabapentin the generic for Neurotin. I don't have numbness anymore or pain. I don't know if this med would help you, but you can always ask your Dr.
Good Luck1
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • ainteasybeineazy

It's my Birthday and no one cares

Today is my 25th birthday, to my somewhat lack of surprise I can see already no one really seems to care. I've always been the kinda person to make sure that everyone I Care about feels appreciated and knew somebody had their back. I can count 4 times this year when I Went out of my way to make sure a "friend" felt good on their birthday, especially if they got left hanging. Its early in the...