Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online

Nerve vibration/ Humming

Does anyone else out there experience this. It is like a humming in the head and body. Loud music makes mine worse. I take Zanex to deal with it, but it doesn't always help so they are putting me on Cymbalta. It has happened at each relapse but gone away, except for the last and now it stays. The Neuro says he doesn't think it is MS. I disagree.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I have the humming all over my body. Driving me crazy! See doc 23rd
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have called Shared Solutions about it and they suggested I contact the MS assoc.
Which I am today. My Neuro keeps saying he doesn't think its the MS, but I feel different. Started the Cymbalta and it definately helps. Just can't sleep so need to take it early in AM. I am thinking about changing Neuro Doc's, I need one that will listen. Good Luck with your appt.
tjquiver
tjquiver

I have buzzing/vibrating sensations in various parts of my body. The first significant spot that really stood out was in the right ear canal about 2 months ago, then to my right hip, etc... I had noticed about a year ago that I was having a "bubbly sensation" in my abdomen but thought that it was just gas, or had to do with my acid reflux disorder (which by the way, is also getting worse!). Anyways, now that I'm having a more distinct buzzing/vibrating sensation on skin, ear, hip, etc, I've come to decide that it (bubbly sens.) was one in the same type of symptom all this time. In fact, I feel it in my abdomen alot now. One day I was driving home from work, and felt it all over my body...now that was really weird!
~ Tonya
deleted_user
deleted_user

I talked to the MS Society today and they have heard about it from other MS patients, so I feel better about it. I am sure I need to find another Neuro who will at least listen to me and not suggest I see a Shrink or Ear, Eyes and Nose Doc. The Cymbalta does help, but makes me feel so werid and stress out. Can't sleep.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I think that is what I'm having in my arms. I thought maybe it was mild tremors, really bugs me when I'm tring to sleep.
heather1
heather1

i get it mainly in the summer when it is hot out..or if im tierd...my ep neuro who i used to tell about it... i used to tell him to feel me...grin...(meaning my arm) because i could swear that other people would be able to feel it as well,, told me to eat a banana a day...sigh... he said it was potasium deficenciy...so i had my family dr. check that out.. potasium was fine but now i have a monthly b-12 shot every month...sigh....lol
Think next time i will just not say anything....mind you that boost of energy for a week or so a month is nice...grin
deleted_user
deleted_user

I'm so glad you posted this! I've felt kinda weird asking about it, hard to describe. I've said I feel like a cat purring, but it never shuts off! It seems to center in my back, but has gone to my arms, & legs, sometimes my head, & even my nose! Feel like Bewitched!! LOL! I always hope it can't be seen. I too like Heather have asked my husband to feel my arm or leg, but he says no. What a strange symptom, eh???
deleted_user
deleted_user

YOU ROCK MARGO !!! Thank you for posting this...now i dont feel as crazy as the docs are making me feel. I get this viberating feeling in my head,left leg and left arm a lot and then sometimes it travels to the right arm.Im on a whole slew of meds and none are taking this away.It drives me nuts sometimes because it dosent hurt or anything its just irritating.
Tara
deleted_user
deleted_user

Now I know I am normal
sunshine521
sunshine521

Interesting....I don't recall the sounds but who knows when you have so many symptoms but you did mention how loud music makes it worse.
I find when I am especially tired that loud or even noises that arent too loud just pierce in my head and like echoes ,I dont know one of those hard to describe feelings but does drive me crazy!!! I use to be on Cymbalta but stopped it a couple months a go or so, now I can't recall if it happened back when I was on it or not???
Hope you find relief with the Cymbalta!
Best wishes.....
deleted_user
deleted_user

Well the Cymbalta and Xanax combine seem to keep the humming at bay. Now I have trouble sleeping though. The Cymbalta makes me feel wired though and sick. My portion of the co-pay is $150.00. I can't afford this disease. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself, but then I think about all of yall and what you deal with and my problems seem like nothing!!