Dx with MS in July--neruo gave me a pile of literature and told me to go home and read, and do my own research, then come back in a couple of months and we'd talk. Had a 3rd MRI in August. No new lesions! Went back yesterday with a list of questions that he answered, until we discussed treatment. I asked what if I chose no treatment at this time, and just waited to see what happens? He told me that he could not recommend that and that if he did it would border on the "M" word (malpractice), so I told him that if I had to choose a treatment, that Copaxone would be my first choice. Next thing I knew, they were making appts. for a nurse to come show me how to give myself a shot! I'm not worried about the shot part, but am worried about adding yet another drug when I am currently feeling pretty good! Any comments? I really am not comfortable with just jumping on the treatment bandwagon when the MS (so far) has been VERY mild compared to most of what I am reading and hearing from others. Anyone else had this experience?
Posts You May Be Interested In