Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online
0 Online

FEELING OF RUBBER BANDS AROUND ANKLES?

Does anyone have this feeling? Every once in a while it feels like a rubberband is tightening around my left ankle. Anyone else?

Replies

carolinagirl123
carolinagirl123

yes, both my ankles hurt alot and feel like there's a rope tied around them. its so weird. sometimes they feel warm then sometimes they feel like there's cold water on them.
deleted_user
deleted_user

yes, my ankles and the knew area....
deleted_user
deleted_user

sorry meant the knee area..... also this weekend I had this funny stiffness in my hand my fingers would not bend....and it hurt so bad..... but soon relaxed and i could close it.
carolinagirl123
carolinagirl123

I've noticed my knees feel funny somtimes too. I felt like i was the only one with ankle & knee feelings. MS is so weird.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have heard this referred to as tight band syndrome....so it is a well known symptoms in MS. I have not felt tightness around my ankles, but I have around my thighs and in my abdominal area (commonly referred to as the MS hug). It would be interesting to do more research on it, but I believe the tight feeling is due to spastic muscles as well as sensory changes.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have had this all the way along.
I notice it more in my right ankle but it is really noticeable when I am tired and be on my feet too long or if it gets really hot. Resting and a cold pack alleviates the annoyance for me.
deleted_user
deleted_user

hi. i'm having this same problem. have you resolved yours?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yep, ankles are just now starting to hurt! Like I ran for miles and hadn't ran before. And my hands/ fingers the pain and stiffness?? When I was driving in town back in march..they were sore and stiff..didn't want to let go of the steering wheel. That's when I went to the Rheumatologist as my dad has RA. All Rhuematologist tests including Lyme came back great! It has happened since..not as severe as that time though. And I get the tightening on ankles, calves, index fingers, neck, pelvis, big toes, they take turns. Isn't it strange??
deleted_user
deleted_user

Camcar,
I have it around both ankles, I just had an episode and he the band sensation around my leg just below the knee. It gets tighter feeling and the loose for awhile but never goes away. Everytime I have a flare I keep the new symptoms, I also have more numbing on the right leg.
I'm sorry you are having this bs!

Kevin