Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online
0 Online

ear throbbing???

I have been experiencing nerve pain in my back and arms for serval months. I am taking neurontin, which has lessened the pain. But recently I am experiencing throbbing in my left ear when the arm and back pain occur. Am I nuts or has anyone had his happen to them? My fear is that it will effect my hearing. I'm going to try to call the neuro. office tomorrow from work. Wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD THAT SINCE I WAS LITTLE. I HAD TO HAVE TUBES IN MY EARS SO I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FROM ALL THE PROBLEMS I HAD WHEN I WAS A KID. NOT SURE IF IT IS RELATED OR NOT. WHO KNOWS! TAMMY.
kazinmich
kazinmich

I get a sharp pain in my right ear followed by throbbing then the burning pain on that side of my head and from my shoulder down to my fingers. It's so frustrating. I swore up and down I was getting ear infections this year, and each time nothing wrong.. My neuro requested I have a hearing test done to establish a baseline and see if I did have any hearing loss, which I didn't. Ask yours if you can have one too.
deleted_user
deleted_user

this is so wild this topic came up, for six months I have had this in my left ear, throbing and or sharp pain. never any infection. It dosnt stay long so I've never said anything to my neuro. last week I was driving home from work and it felt like someone stuck a sharp object in my ear and was stabbing me in the ear, and again didnt last long but was the most painful.
deleted_user
deleted_user

i kept going to the doctor this year compaining that my ears hurt, buzzing and burning but just like alot of the other no infections. i though i was just going nuts.
april
ChrissyH
ChrissyH

Glad to know that is not just me going nuts!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Wow. I had no idea that my ears hurting could be connected to this thing! I haven't connected it to any other signs, but I have been in three times in the past few months for ear infection only to turn out that there was none. But man did my ear hurt!
ChrissyH
ChrissyH

I did contact my neurologist today and they believe that the ear throbbing is related to nerve pain. I was told to increase my neurotin from 2 300/mg at night to 3 300mg at night and see if if the ear throbbing subsides. I was also not to be concerned about hearing loss unless I hear 'ringing' in my ears.