Mononucleosis Support Group

Infectious mononucleosis (also known in North America as mono, the kissing disease or Pfeiffer's disease, and more commonly known as glandular fever in other English-speaking countries) is a disease seen most commonly in adolescents and young adults, characterized by fever, sore throat and fatigue. It is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) or the cytomegalovirus (CMV). It is typically transmitted from asymptomatic individuals through saliva or blood, or by sharing a drinking glass, eating utensils, or needles. The disease is far less contagious than is commonly thought. Since the causative virus is also found in the mucus of the infected person, it can also spread through coughing or sneezing. It is estimated that 90% of adults in the...

0 Online
0 Online

coconut oil

has anyone tried coconut oil supplements?

Based on the attached link, it sounds like it works. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/mononucleosis.html

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi! My daughter has mono with hepatitis. I have been treating her with coconut oil for a week now and she had made remarkable progress. The jaundice is gone and her pain level is decreasing on a daily basis. Her appetite is returning to normal as are her elimination functions. She had been bedridden for 3 wks prior to the coconut oil. It took 6 days to see a remarkable difference.
I have also boosted vitamin C. 1000-2000mgs every 3 hours as well as a multi vitamin (including E & A). Also a tea called Boldo. It is an herb used widely in South America for hepatitis.
Check out the book "Let's Get Well" by Adelle Davis. A wealth of info on vitamin and mineral therapy.
I wish you the bes for a timely recovery.