Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

0 Online
0 Online

Progesterone Stopped Working....Why ?

I am on my 4 th month of bio-identical progesterone cream from the Pharmacy. It was working great for the first 3 months. I went from 15 hot flashes a day to none ! Now it just stopped working. I'm back to all those damn hot flashes !!! Has this happened to anyone else ? After each month I take the recommended 3-5 day break and I can't figure it out.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

My acupuncturist explained to me that this does happen with the progesterone cream. She said you keep having to up the dose and everytime you up the dose it gets better then it stops working again after a time and on and on. I am trying to go the alternative route so I dont get stuck in that cycle. Do you have an acupuncturist or a homeopathic practioner you could talk to?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hello. I was taking Kliogest HRT for 9 months and then it stopped working. I went from 15 - 25 hot flushes a day to none and it was wonderful. Now they have come back..........not as intense but my sleep is now very much disturbed. I can cope with most things but broken night sleep every single night is a bit much. I go off to sleep really well but once I wake with a hot flush,thats usually the end of deep sleep for that night. I am fed up with the whole bloody thing and frustrated that there really is very little out there to help women thats effective.