MCTD Support Group

Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) or Sharp's syndrome is a human autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the body. MCTD combines features of polymyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and systemic scleroderma and is thus considered an overlap syndrome. MCTD commonly causes joint pain/swelling, Raynaud phenomenon, muscle inflammation, and scarring of the skin of the hand.

0 Online

Stomach pain - flare?

I have been sick for a week now, at first I thought I had the flu (everything hurt, I was exhausted and severe stomach pains) but as the days wore on I began to think this might be a flare. I haven't been able to eat anything other than bread and plain rice all week, and even that causes stomach pain and burning. None of the OTC meds are working to relieve it, and I've tried Bentyl with no relief. I contacted my rheumatologist about this but haven't heard back from her (which is annoying). I've read that lups can cause inflammation of the stomach lining - anyone ever have anything like this drag on and/or any advice on what to do? Thanks!

I get this quite often unfortunately, for me it's usually when I increase my naprosin. Everything I try to eat upsets my stomach, my stomach pains just come on then subside then again and so on and so forth. Usually for me if lasts about 1 week or so, the only thing that calms pain down a bit is ginger ale. Sometimes I also drink sparkling water and that helps too.

I wish you well,