Macular Degeneration Support Group

Macular degeneration is a medical condition where the light sensing cells in the macula malfunction and over time cease to work. According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, it is the leading cause of central vision loss (blindness) in the United States today for those over the age of fifty.

0 Online
0 Online

Preventing Macular Degeneration

Does prevention work? Last month I went to my eye Dr. to see if my eyes were the cause of my migraines. She found nothing to cause migraines. But she did find out I have the early stages of Macular Degeneration to help prevent it from getting any worse. She put me on EyePromise Restore, 2 pills daily. I go tomorrow for testing to see if it's helping at all.

Wish me luck! Take care!

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

You may find some helpful resources at this link...

We are up to 88 members now - thank you for passing the word!!! We are growing by at least 3 - 5 members a day!

http://dailystrength.org/groups/neuropathy

:)
deleted_user
deleted_user

Please check out our website www.tozalformula.com/25346 for a revolutionary information on age related macular degeneration

Thanks
JJFlash083
JJFlash083

Yes, prevention/natural cures do work. Eyepromise Restore looks good in general, but didn't your your mother ever tell you to eat your carrots because they were good for your eyes. Vitamin A and beta carotene are the most important vitamins for your eyes. Would anyone like the Natural Cure for Macular Degeneration?
argus
argus

Would like to know more about the natural cure.
JJFlash083
JJFlash083

Tozal probably does help, just look at all of that vitamin A in it. Just like carrot juice.
Juice
Juice

Panorama (I think) just did an expose on this very drug. It agrees with JJ Flash, and adds any sort of carrot is good, even frozen.
What annoys me is the promise held in the name of the drug. A vitamin pill would have oto be pretty damn special to reverse damage already done.
argus
argus

Checked out the Tozal website. There is a lot of Vitamin A there, and I wonder about the long-term effects. It's similar to EyeCaps and Preservision except that it adds Omega 3. It's also $55 a bottle, a lot to pay when you can't be sure whether it will help.
JJFlash083
JJFlash083

I get carrot juice for $3.38/qt at Walmart, $6.38/ 1/2ga at Jewel, $4.99/ !/2ga at HEB in TX. If you get too much vitamin A from carrot juice, you will turn orange. I drink 16oz per day and have no sign of turning orange. Taking large doses of vitamin A in a pill would concern me because you are bypassing God"s natural warning system.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hello:

My doctor recommends vitamins to his patients, but if your younger watch that you don't "overdue" the Vitamin A, it can be hard (I think) on the liver. I have Ocular Histoplasmosis which is similar to wet MD. So he recommended a GOOD vitamin, with or add on Lutein, and Omega 3. For Omega 3 he recommends either salmon or similar fish 3-4 times a week, or eat about 5 small walnut pieces a day. My husband can't handle eating salmon That often, and currently I'm avoiding all nuts due to my eczema (trying to figure out what irritates - might be nuts) So, I'm taking Carlson fish oil, 1 teaspoon daily. It's really not that bad to take. I hope this is helpful.
deleted_user
deleted_user

And yes prevention does help. I forgot to add, remember to wear Sunglasses, that is suppose to help too.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Please be aware that there is NO cure for Macular Degeneration! There are some trials going on now that may offer a treatment for it in the next 3 to 5 years, but there is no cure at this point.

The best you can do is to slow the progression of it, but it will eventually restrict your central vision. It may act slowly and take a number of years, but it will always eventually progress. Anyone who tells you there is a cure is either unaware of the facts or is trying to sell you something that won't help. The best website for information on MD is MDSupport.org run by Dan Roberts who wrote a book on MD. Do yourself a favor and visit this site. Join the forum and look around the website. You'll be glad that you did.
JJFlash083
JJFlash083

Yes there is a cure. It is just not something that the doctors/drug pushers (companies) can sell you to make billions of dollars. God has a plan. You just need to tune in to it.
Barry5
Barry5

No, JJ, there is NOT a cure. If there were, the word would spread like wildfire.
JJFlash083
JJFlash083

The cure would spread like wildfire if people figured out that worshipping is best left to Sunday morning...not at the doctors office.
"They" said there was no cure for glaucoma, high blood pressure, cronic back pain, trick knee, and a few other issues. I guess "they" were wrong.
Barry5
Barry5

Forgive me for being so bold, but you should bring the evidence for those and other statements you've made. You can say "there is a cure", but no one will believe you if you don't produce evidence. I'm guessing that you've probably helped yourself to some degree by bettering your lifestyle, but I've eaten properly and exercised since my early 30s and still have wet macular. Some things just can't be avoided.

If you're implying that I worship my doctor, I don't. I use him as I would any vendor. I support his and all of their households, too...