Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online
0 Online

Relief from Pleurisy

I have Pleurisy. I get it often, I always have. But recently it seems to occur more and more often. Is there a cure for this? I have tried inhalers, antibiotics, still no relief. I know for a fact that this is Lupus related. I would love to find a cure for this. It is sooo painful I feel like my lungs are gonna burst! If anyone has had treatment for this, please let me know how it went. Thanks! Hugs, Niecy.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Hello there :) I'm sorry it hurts so bad, I know how that can be. Well, I don't know if this will help you specifically, but it's worth a try? I lay on my back with head propped on pillow and hot wet towel, heating pad, or anything light I can find that will retain heat the longest. Water bottles too heavy and hurts. If you can take ibuprofen, I take those at the same time. It really helps releive the pain for me.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I think that is what is going on with me as well. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with a pulmonologist (sp?) to see what, if anything, can be done.
I am so frustrated ALWAYS feeling bad, hurting etc... but one of the worst parts of what is going on with me is I'm exausted from not breathing well.