Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online

Relief from Pleurisy

I have Pleurisy. I get it often, I always have. But recently it seems to occur more and more often. Is there a cure for this? I have tried inhalers, antibiotics, still no relief. I know for a fact that this is Lupus related. I would love to find a cure for this. It is sooo painful I feel like my lungs are gonna burst! If anyone has had treatment for this, please let me know how it went. Thanks! Hugs, Niecy.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Hello there :) I'm sorry it hurts so bad, I know how that can be. Well, I don't know if this will help you specifically, but it's worth a try? I lay on my back with head propped on pillow and hot wet towel, heating pad, or anything light I can find that will retain heat the longest. Water bottles too heavy and hurts. If you can take ibuprofen, I take those at the same time. It really helps releive the pain for me.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I think that is what is going on with me as well. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with a pulmonologist (sp?) to see what, if anything, can be done.
I am so frustrated ALWAYS feeling bad, hurting etc... but one of the worst parts of what is going on with me is I'm exausted from not breathing well.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • ainteasybeineazy

It's my Birthday and no one cares

Today is my 25th birthday, to my somewhat lack of surprise I can see already no one really seems to care. I've always been the kinda person to make sure that everyone I Care about feels appreciated and knew somebody had their back. I can count 4 times this year when I Went out of my way to make sure a "friend" felt good on their birthday, especially if they got left hanging. Its early in the...