Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online

Lupus and Tremors??

I was just wondering if anyone with Lupus has, or has had, tremors of any sort?? I have head/hand tremors that come and go...chalking it up to more CNS involvement....although, doctors are calling it "Essential Tremor."

I suppose it COULD be a seperate issue, due to the fact that I have numerous family members who also have this....essential tremor. I was just wondering?? Thanks! ;)
~Tonya

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I get them when I am tired and or stressed. My Dr. says hw's not sure why and I declined the testing... but he knows Lupus can affect the nervous system. If it gets worse, I might have the tests run but for now, I would rather not know.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi...I'm still in the diagnostic stages, but have been doing research so I can ask informed questions. I was surprised to see your post about tremors. I have had tremors for years and was also diagnosed with Essential Tremor. What I know about E.T. is that it stems from a specific area of the brain, but has no apparent cause. Essential in medical terms means unknown cause. What else do you have that made them test for Lupus or other autoimmune?

Take care.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Have they tested you for Parkinsons? It can be associated with autoimmune disorders. Often if I feel stressed and tired, My hands shake and I have a hard time writting, putting on nail poslish, doing my hair, and I drop stuff alot. It is mainly in my hands. I also have tremors in my eyeballs. When it first happened I thought we were haveing some sort of earthquake.LOL. I kept opening and shuting my eyes and it would still be doing it.It usually only lasts a day or so with each episode. The doc says I just need to rest when I feel like that. I did not know if it is epilepsy or something. I had an EEG on my brain to no avail. It showed nothing. SO I am chalking it up to the lupus.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes I have occassion of tremors. They mostly occur when I am very stressed.