Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online

Lately I have had a MAJOR loss of appetite.
Should I be concerned?
Has this happened to anyone else?

I too have lost weight due to loss of appetite but needed weight off anyway. Rhuemy did not seem too concerned about it though. hugs

It varies with me...right now I have to really push myself to eat, and other times I eat quite heartily. It really depends on if I am in a flare or not. I am really off my food at the moment, I feel quite sick after eating and I have a sore mouth and tongue so that doesn't help either. Toward the end of last year I put on a couple of kilos, now they are coming off and I am just about back to normal. I think appetite loss is fairly common. I try and eat small, healthy meals spread out through the day and consciously make an effort to keep my fluid intake up. Check with your doctor about a supplement if your appetite doesn't improve.

Hi, i am rarely hungry and have felt this way for several months. i have gained about 20 lbs even tho i don't eat much at all.

i have some sores in my mouth and tongue and it hurts to eat. i have found that i can tolerate fruit smoothies and i put protein powder in them to boost the nutritional value.

i am anemic for the first time in my entire life. just don't feel well at all.