Lupus Support Group

Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.

0 Online
0 Online

light headed

I know lupus can cause confusion and light headedness and dizziness but has anyone been told why? What brings on these attacks and can they be prevented? I do not like feeling this way.
Thanks...Deb

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

It's funny you asked this question. I've been very dizzy lately and I was going to ask if it was related to my lupus.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I hate this feeling too! It suck big time! The only thing to do is to sleep it off I guess. Hugs, Niecy.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I thouhgt I am just alone....I always get dizzy/lightheaded, easily get confuse but trying to control confusion as much as I could specially I am plannning to start dirving (this might be tough)Now, that I have insomnia this gives me more dizziness. I hate this feelings either and tough to cope up these feelings.
deleted_user
deleted_user

i am lightheaded all the time too but it came right at the time i had seizures. i just read today on the lupus.org website that the confusion or lupus fog is caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain. i didn't know that before. i hate feeling this way too!
deleted_user
deleted_user

I posted something about this weeks ago. I asked my dr. same thing, and my bloodwork was normal. The only explanation he can give me was either..diet (low blood pressure and lack of sodium) or changes in prednisone dose.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I posted something about this weeks ago. I asked my dr. same thing, and my bloodwork was normal. The only explanation he can give me was either..diet (low blood pressure and lack of sodium) or changes in prednisone dose.