Lupus Warriors Community Group

This group is for people who have lupus or may know someone who has Lupus. I am 26 yrs old and I have SLE. I want to have a place where we can vent, exchange ideas, and give support to each other. I want this group to be home for everyone. We do not judge, but try to bring support to all. If you are newly diagnosed or had it for a long period of time your welcomed.

0 Online

Dry, peeling skin on hands

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing dry, peeling skin on their fingers/toes? My fingers started peeling a few months before I was diagnosed and then my toes came shortly after. Sometimes they peel so much it becomes painful. I have tried just about every cream, lotion, moisturizing product I could find, but none of them ever really do the trick. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.....

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I just started having the peeling on my palms this last week. The doctor says it is a symptom of the disease not of the therapy. I am on Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate and Folic Acid. It looks really gross and I had wondered if it was some kind of fungal infection as I had been on steroids for so long. Now it is not only peeling, sloughing skin but burns too.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • Urlacher

Support from family

It's so hard dealing with pain especially when you don't get any support from the person who your supposed to be closest to. So hard when your trying to deal with pain and that person treats you worse than the pain. Having hard time understanding why. unless you are having a good Day you are treated like crap and they make you feel worthless.