Lupus Warriors Community Group

This group is for people who have lupus or may know someone who has Lupus. I am 26 yrs old and I have SLE. I want to have a place where we can vent, exchange ideas, and give support to each other. I want this group to be home for everyone. We do not judge, but try to bring support to all. If you are newly diagnosed or had it for a long period of time your welcomed.

0 Online

Dry, peeling skin on hands

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing dry, peeling skin on their fingers/toes? My fingers started peeling a few months before I was diagnosed and then my toes came shortly after. Sometimes they peel so much it becomes painful. I have tried just about every cream, lotion, moisturizing product I could find, but none of them ever really do the trick. Does anyone have suggestions?

I just started having the peeling on my palms this last week. The doctor says it is a symptom of the disease not of the therapy. I am on Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate and Folic Acid. It looks really gross and I had wondered if it was some kind of fungal infection as I had been on steroids for so long. Now it is not only peeling, sloughing skin but burns too.