Loneliness Support Group

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often experience a subjective sense of inner emptiness or hollowness, with feelings of separation or isolation from the world... Why Do People Get Lonely? People can experience loneliness for many reasons, and many life events are associated with it. The lack of friendship relations during childhood and adolescence, or the...

2 Online

It's my Birthday and no one cares

Today is my 25th birthday, to my somewhat lack of surprise I can see already no one really seems to care. I've always been the kinda person to make sure that everyone I Care about feels appreciated and knew somebody had their back. I can count 4 times this year when I Went out of my way to make sure a "friend" felt good on their birthday, especially if they got left hanging. Its early in the morning and I can see that people I actually hang out with have posted something to facebook but not one text or post of even a HBD. Not even my bro's, the guys I never have to doubt my friendship with. A friend of 5 years that I have seen all week and have been helping with her issues sent me a text message this morning, but not to tell me happy birthday but to start telling me about all her problems (birthday is marked on her calender). Days like today make me realize that no matter how good of a friend I try to be, and no matter how much they acknowledge it when the chips are down for them that I just don't have any friends. I'm a wild card of trust and companionship when conveniently theres no one else, and today removes all doubts of that thought. I guess I can take this birthday as a sign that its time to start doing more things to try and make myself happy because its only gonna get lonelier every year. It just sucks that it took it to be my birthday to realize that people I was supposed to be close to don't really give a damn. The sign that I'm destined to be a lone wolf and nothing I do will ever change that.

Replies

orsa
orsa

People today are so absorbed in their world that they forget about others. What you describe has happened to me on some of my birthdays and other special occasions too. I'm 61 and only 3 people sent me a retirement card when I retired from my job. Unfortunately, this has happened to other people I know too. My brother who is a couple yrs younger than me said no one remembered him at Christmas last year. I was horrified because I thought his immediate family would give him some sort of present! Perhaps someone will surprise you with a birthday greeting after all. Regardless of whether or not you receive any acknowledgement on your birthday, you are a valuable person and God has a purpose for you. And He always remembers us and cares about us. I pray you have a great day!! Sending a hug your way.
lostsoul72
lostsoul72

First I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I am sorry you feel this way and I am sure it is justifiable too. See so many people in this world think only of themselves and no one else. :( Hopefully your friends will realize thier mistakes and correct them by the end of the day.

I would say try harder to find your own happiness and not rely on helping others for it, but I have been the same as you all my life. When you find happiness in recognition of helping others you will be let down every time.

Happy Birthday and hope your day gets better.
billwfriend
billwfriend

yes those 20s are the years that many people are into their efforts to make babies and get drunk....LOL

Happy Birthday to you on 25...that is 1/4 century...woot woot...

birthday greetings come usually only from my family and that is where it should stay a special day not to those who I claim acquaintance with...which is what you are finding out....the differences between true friends and acquaintance. the broad brush of friend is way too wide...but it makes us feel good to think that they are friends when in reality they are nothing more than people who are acquainted to you but only want to get from you things that they desire.....never offering much in return is sign of acquaintances.....

hugs
enigmaticloner
enigmaticloner

Happy birthday, and I feel the same way at times. My birthday is a very depressing day for me, same with holidays. Sometimes friends and family aren't all they're meant to be... It's sad but true, try to have a better day yo.
Sara59
Sara59

Happy birthday. I turned 62 on June 5th. None of my children remembered, my one son remembered his mother-in-law's birthday though. Yes I send a text or make a call on their birthdays but you know how it is, I only gave them life. Mother-in-law holds the clout now because he married her daughter. You gotta learn to let these things go or all you will be is hurt all the time.
sadmom51
sadmom51

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU >>>>>HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU >>>>HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AINTTEASYBEINGEASY....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU>>>>>>I SANG IT>>>>>>SO SOMEONE CARES>......no one ever does anything for me on my birthday either so I know what you mean....I have to practically beg my son to get me a card....it is very sad....but on his birhtday.....well I make him an awesome cake...have balloons,,,cards,,,, gifts you name it......some people are givers and those of us who are givers usually don't get anything in return.....people think we just don't need it I guess....it makes me sad too....so I know how you feel......I CARE
ainteasybeineazy
ainteasybeineazy

Thanks for the replies, Its been a tough day and it helped.
Desigol1979
Desigol1979

Happy Birthday, Dude!
annettearizona
annettearizona

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
I have found that I have to find things that make me happy and I enjoy doing...can't wait on others to act..sadly
so spoil yourself-not only on your special day but every day..find things you enjoy doing/places you enjoy going
lowtidebeach
lowtidebeach

Happy Birthday!
You don't need to wait on other people to say " happy birthday" you can plan your own fun day! Call someone to go out to dinner to celebrate YOU or go somewhere all by yourself and do something special like eat a triple decker fudge Sunday, or go buy something you don't need. If you want to stay home go take a bubble bath and pamper yourself all day. Play music too loud and dance. JUST CELEBRATE YOUR DAY,
deleted_user
deleted_user

So sorry. However you can see from the replies that this is not uncommon. Sadly, very sadly, it is happening to more and more people. It's just the way the world is today. Hope it changes for you, but we've got to cope with it and let it go. Happy Birthday.
sasha2012
sasha2012

Happy Birthday!

If your "friends" don't extend birthday wishes, etc. the same way you did to them, then that is a reflection of them not you. Making yourself happy should be number 1, because you can't make others happy until you make yourself happy. Message me anytime you want to talk.
littlelucyx3
littlelucyx3

Maybe they don't know that it is your birthday. Idk. I never took my birthday seriously. Some people do, other's just think of it as another day...
Calebb
Calebb

Agree with LittleLucy. . . . .. And *happy birthday* !

:) . . :) . :)
Community LeaderSunCloudJD
SunCloudJD

Happy Happy Birthday aint... Celebrate you... Eat Cake... I hope yesterday ended up a better day and your new year will be filled with blessings... big hug...x
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • poesypop

Seroquel = sleeping beauty

I've been on 300mg of Seroquel for about a week now, and I have the worst hangovers in the morning if I sleep any less than 12-14 hours. Today after 9 hours of sleep I feel like I've pulled on all-nighter, sick, exhausted, barely can keep my eyes open at work. I've tried taking it earlier in the evening, but after about an hour or so I can barely walk and NEED BED. Should I talk to my doctor...
  • cedarbrooke

Warning! Hackers!

I downloaded a virus program yesterday & I got this red screen saying i was under threat of been hacked, virus etc.  It was a verbal message also.  Told me to call windows support at 1 866 877 0206. I called & they never answered windows support, they just said hello technical support, when I asked them to verify that they were windows support he got very agitated & said I"ve told you three...