Lactose Intolerance Support Group

Lactose intolerance is the condition in which lactase, an enzyme needed for proper metabolization of lactose (a constituent of milk and other dairy products), is not produced in adulthood. A hydrogen breath test is required for a clinical diagnosis. With lactose intolerance, the result of consuming lactose or a lactose-containing food is excess gas production and often diarrhea.

1 Online

Why do I always crave greek yogurt and fruit befor

Why do I always crave greek yogurt and fruit before bed? I could got to sleep earlier if I didn't?

Even when I eat dinner late, I ALWAYS crave plain Greek yogurt and fruit before bed. Its the dairy with something sweet. I am lactose intolerant, so drink a little lactaid milk with my coffee during the day, but other wise just eat tons of lean protein and veggies or a couple of pieces of fruit for snacks. My weight is fine; I don't weigh myself but I'm sure I'm not overweight. I wonder because I could go to sleep earlier if I didn't have this craving every night. But I think the dairy helps me sleep and is calming; I struggle with anxiety. But it keeps me up later, having a snack, so that is why I am asking because it would be healthy to be able to go to bed without this craving, especially when I eat dinner late and I'm not really hungry. The other thing I could try is eating less protein/veggies for dinner so I am hungry for it. I can't really change my dinner time though it depends on my workday and sometimes is not till 9:15.
Then sometimes I come home digest and don't have it till like midnight and go to bed at 2.