Lactose Intolerance Support Group

Lactose intolerance is the condition in which lactase, an enzyme needed for proper metabolization of lactose (a constituent of milk and other dairy products), is not produced in adulthood. A hydrogen breath test is required for a clinical diagnosis. With lactose intolerance, the result of consuming lactose or a lactose-containing food is excess gas production and often diarrhea.

0 Online

greek yogurt and bloating Q

Do you have expeirnece with greek yogurt/bloating? I love it so much could eat three a day. Sometimes none, sometimes 2, occasionally 3. But I think maybe it is the cause of my bloating. Not sure. Would be very grateful to learn from your knowledge on this. THANK YOU

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

yes definitely cannot eat yogurt at all
deleted_user
deleted_user

Rainbowoi,

I cannot eat any yogurt at this point. I get sick. I was just wondering if lactose free yogurt would be different, but didn't know if I wanted to risk it. I love yogurt but have to steer clear. I would assume that it could cause bloating. I try to tell myself that eating dairy is giving myself food poisoning and my body is not healthy with inflamed intestines. I still sneak in things but always pay for it.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have to tell you, I have tried the lactose free yogurts including the soy based and coconut milk based. They are definitely not the same and not even worth it for me.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Has anyone tired any digestive enzymes you recommend to take with yogurt or lactose free milk?