Kidney Stones Support Group

Kidney Stones are solid crystals of dissolved minerals in urine found inside the kidneys or ureters. They vary in size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. Kidney stones typically leave the body in the urine stream; if they grow relatively large before passing, obstruction of a ureter and distention with urine can cause severe pain most commonly felt in the flank, lower abdomen and groin.

0 Online

Kidney stones sitting high in right kidney.

To make a long story short, I had kidney stones in both my kidneys and I had to have surgery to remove the stones from both my kidneys.  The stones in both my kidneys were too big to be dissolved, so surgery was my only option according to the doctor.  My left side kidney was first for surgery and my doctor was able to successfully remove all of the stones.  Currently, it is a different story for my right side kidney.  My doctor could not get any of the stones out because he said that the stones were sitting pretty high in my right kidney.  So, I was given three options - two viable but the third not so viable - for my right side kidney.  Option one was to leave the stones alone, which I do not want.  Option two was to go through surgery again and the doctor would have to enter through a different entrance point to my right side kidney.  Option three was going through the front side, but the doctor said he would have to enter through my ribs, but he said that was way too dangerous, so it really was not a viable option.  So, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine because this second attempt into my right side kidney to remove stones has a 50/50 chance of success?  If you had this experience, I was wondering also if it was successful and what your doctor had to do or what you had to do?  Or did you get a second opinion?  Thank you.

Replies

OlderCPer
OlderCPer

I have chronic kidney stones and have had surgery to remove large ones and have passed many, I usually deal with them 12 - 14 times a year. Did your Dr. explain that if your kidneys have that many stones in them, they are most likely just going to form again? I always have Stones in my left Kidney, there are like 13 in there now. We dont' mess with them unless they get angry and want to come out, otherwise I'd be having my Kidney's hacked into routinely throughout the year.

Did you talk to your Dr. about how to avoid chronic Kidney Stones and manage things. The 2 most popular types are Calcium Oxilate Stones, and Struvite Stones. Your Dr. can tell what kind they are through testing. And then there are thing you can do to stop the stones from forming. The main thing is changing your diet and avoiding certain foods that cause oxalate stones.

Has your Dr. not mentioned Lithotripsy (sound waves) to break the Stones that are high up, up and then the body just flushes out the particles. It's non-invasive, can leave some bruising on your back, but it's not surgery. Did they not mention that option?
KidneyStones3377
KidneyStones3377

Thanks for this bit of information, it is very helpful in showing me a direction to go. As of right now, I am taking 450mg of Allopurinol daily to bring down my Uric acid levels because that seems to be the catalyst for all my stone formation. So, if I keep my Uric acid levels down my stones will most likely not form. The doctor did not tell me the types of stones, though, that I had, but he did give the impression that the stones were too hard to break up by sound waves when I had my initial appointments with him. However, this is great information that I can probably ask him about in my next appointment. Anyway, thank you very much for sharing your story because it is very helpful. Take care.
pharmasmruti13
pharmasmruti13

Pharma Science, the Ayurveda Stone Crusher for Kidney Stone
Our Stone Crusher for Kidney Stone is purely an Ayurvedic product which totally made from herbal plants like Pashanbhed, Varuna, Hajrul yahood bhasam, Gokrush, Punarnava, Shavet paparti.It has licensee from the GMP and HALAL which gives the quality assurance. It has green dot mark which means it has only veg content in this Stone Crusher.
For more visit
Pharmascience - The Indian Ayurveda
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Amy221

My husband's depression is tearing us apart

I have been married to my husband for only 1 1/2 years. One night I got a text from him while I was at work saying he can't do this anymore and needs to leave. It's been 3 weeks and things have only gotten worse. He's gotten rid of all our wedding photos, is living with his parents, and plans on leaving his job. I'm at the point where I'm so alone, scared, and confused. I'm worried he will never...
  • kait57

moving on ...?

I have found ways to cope with my depression. I have started improving my self esteem. I love this feeling. I went to a few concerts over the weekend and found myself more confident - enough to get a picture with someone I was looking forward to seeing perform, and also possibly meeting, who one of the guitarists of a popular band. I like this guitarist and honestly find him really attractive. I...