Keratoconus Support Group

Keratoconus is a degenerative non-inflammatory disorder of the eye in which structural changes within the cornea cause it to thin and change to a more conical shape than its normal even curve. Keratoconus can cause substantial distortion of the vision, with multiple images, streaking and sensitivity to light all often reported by the patient.

0 Online

Getting use to new glasses prescription

Has anyone here had corneal transplants and now having problems with getting prescription glasses. I can get to seeing okay but not great but it's frustrating. Also when I get them it takes so long to get use to them. Right now I am going through terrible headache and eyes strain that the muscles around my eyes feel horrible. My right eyelid from time to time flutters.

I went back to my optometrist for a quick visit to ask about this and she said she is doing all she can to prescribe what I need but it's hard as a little change has me in pain. I asked about the fluttering eyelid and she said ya something isn't right your eye is stressed. I am going back in May for a full eye exam but until then I feel horrible and sad. I am getting through each day but it's hard. I am a stay at home mom so thankfully can nap when my son naps to rest my eyes.

Anyone that can share same problems or similar or can suggest I would appreciate.

Note: Contacts are not an option!