Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Support Group

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) is a urinary bladder disease of unknown cause characterised by pelvic and intense bladder pain, urinary frequency (as often as every 10 minutes), and pain with urination. It is not unusual for patients to experience nocturia and pain with sexual intercourse. IC is also known as painful bladder syndrome (PBS), particularly outside of the USA.

0 Online
0 Online

enuresis and ic...related?

Ok I was just sitting here thinking about this.... is bedwetting related to IC? How many people Had problems as a child with enuresis (bed wetting)? and for how long? I am wondering if the two are linked?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

mabey not linked at all...idk
deleted_user
deleted_user

I never had bed wetting problems as a child. As a matter of fact, I could go for hours holding my urine until about 6 years ago when this whole IC thing started.
deleted_user
deleted_user

same as LWowk. I could spend my time peacefully wherever for hours never thinking ahead about where the bathrooms are etc..until about a year ago..:(
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi JOdiAnne,

I definitely had bedwetting issues right up til about grade 3 and then it kinda just disappeared and i often wonder as you if there is some kind of link between the two.