Hysterectomy Support Group

A hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus, usually done by a gynecologist. Hysterectomy may be total (removing the body and cervix of the uterus) or partial (also called supra-cervical). Although there are conservative alternatives, hysterectomy is performed for uterine fibroids, pelvic pain, pelvic relaxation, heavy or abnormal menstrual bleeding, and cancer.

1 Online
1 Online

32 year old having hysterectomy?!

Hi
I am a 32 year old having a hysterectomy.... SOON! I will be finding out the date of surgey tomorrow...

I have a few problem though....
1. I have PTSD
2. Panic/anxiety disorder.. On meds
3. severe endometriosis
4. Depression. Not on Meds
5. extremelly emotional.
6. Recovering drug addict/alcoholic....

So with that said I would love to hear some feedback from some younger women in there thirties that have had a full hysterectomy... AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT? :( IM SO SCARED...,
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

respectfully,
Cheryl

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I am 33. I had my surgery 6 months ago, and my life is so much healthier now. I can concentrate on other things, rather than dealing with pain (never knew when the pain would be. I would have it one day and the next be fine) I can workout pain free now and enjoy my kids a whole lot more.

There are lots of things you can do to prepare. Feel free to message me and I can get a list together for you.

Also, look into www.hystersisters.com Great site!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi there,please don't stress out about your surgery.

I had mine 2 years ago aged 37, although I wish I'd had it sooner. My periods were hell for me from the age of 12 and as I got older they got worse, for one week out of a month I was normal the rest of the time I was just a bitch and didn't care. I finally went to my Gynaecologist and as everything was in my favour (no more children and I was extremely anaemic) he agreed to do a total abdominal hysterectomy. I read up every piece of literature I could find on the operation and in the end my head was spinning so I just put everything away and concentrated on what was ahead. People told me what to expect but I just fobbed them off and got that it won't happen to me, well I was wrong, big time. For me, the hardest thing was relying on others to do things for me as I am very independant, accept all the help you can cause just walking from the bed to the toilet or having a shower will be exhausting. I am more than happy to takl to you more if you want. Oh, I also suffer from depression & PTSD, so you are not alone.

Everything will be ok.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOU! AND I HAVE 24 HOURS OF RECOVERY BACK! I RELAPSED FRIDAY NITE... ALCOHOL AND COCAINE...
THOUGHT IT WOULD LESSEN MY PAIN, MY MOTHER CALLED MY DOCTOR THATS DOING THE SURGERY AND TOLD HIM! AND I AM NOW AFRAID HE WONT GIVE ME THE PROPER MEDS... BECAUSE HE NOW KNOWS I M AN ADDICT! WHAT SHOULD I DO????
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO.
THAT WAS MY PLACE TO TELL HIM... NOONE ELSES ;(.......
ANY ADVICE?!!!!!!!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

That wasn't right for your mom to do that. Techinically, he shouldn't have been discussing you with anyone. He broke confidentiality if he discussed anything with her.