Hyperthyroidism Support Group

Hyperthyroidism (or "overactive thyroid gland") is the clinical syndrome featuring weight loss (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, polyuria, and sweating. Additional symptoms may include palpitations and arrhythmias (notably atrial fibrillation), dyspnea, loss of libido, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

1 Online
1 Online

Fluid in the ears?

Does anyone get fluid in the ears being hyperthyroid? I know it happens with hypothyroidism.

Replies

mmztcass
mmztcass

No, not as hypER. Definitely as right now with my FT3 low and I have this problem. Ears itches a lot too.

{{{hugs}}}
bm55
bm55

Thank you. It could be from allergies dog, bird dander. mmztcass do you also have a lower body temperature with your low Ft3? My temp is really good like 98.4 98.6

I know you don't feel well at all right now. sorry.
mmztcass
mmztcass

Thank you. My temps have been around 96 and 97. That is low.

{{{hugs}}}
bm55
bm55

Oh dang so sorry. Hope you feel better soon. I am coming down from being hyper.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi there bm55, What symptons would you get with this? Only reason i ask is because I have noticed a throbbing in my ear recently, and I've had it before when i was first diagnosed. Not sure whether this is related though x
bm55
bm55

I don't have any throbbling. It just feels like stuffed up ears. With holding my nose and blowing pressure to my ears, they always pop.

Yep I am hyper but not as much now cause my dose is reduced.My boobs were also quite tender.

Also found out that the fluid buildup from hyper can be from the loss of sodium and calcium. I found it on google.
tugboatann
tugboatann

I have had a full, plugged left ear for a couple of years. I went to an ENT a couple of years ago & he almost had me talked into sinus surgery. I finally got a second opinion a few months back & it was determined that sinus surgery wouldn't help. I also hold my nose & blow to release the pressure. I think I might have a very narrow eustachion tube. I think it is also related to thyroid imbalance. Another miserable symptom.
zenie
zenie

I am new here and I am hopeful I can find some help. I have tinnitus and hearing loss AND HYPERTHYROID, I have this "fullness of ear" feeling that most tinnitus sufferers find strange. Is this the fluid in the ears feeling?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I was diagnosed with Graves disease 8 months ago and have hyperthyroidism. It's my second time having fluid in my ears. I didn't think this was linked to hyperthyroidism. Some ear itching then fluid.
Last time I went to the doctor they told me it was an ear infection of all things!
Now this week I had fluid in my ear and I'm bed ridden for 2 days. SO CONFUSED. Any solutions out there?
mmztcass
mmztcass

Now I'm wondering if I had problems with my thyroid way back as a child other than as a teen with undiagnosed symptoms? I had frequent ear problems, fluid, itching, infections then too.

{{{hugs}}}