High Blood Pressure Support Group

Hypertension or high blood pressure is a medical condition wherein the blood pressure is chronically elevated. Persistent hypertension is one of the risk factors for strokes, heart attacks, heart failure and arterial aneurysm, and is a leading cause of chronic renal failure. Doctors recommend weight loss and regular exercise as the first steps in treating mild to moderate hypertension.

0 Online
0 Online

Taking Bystolic and Norvasc?

I am supposed to be taking bystolic 5mg for 7days and then 10mg and I was already taking Norvasc 10mg. Does anyone else take this combo and how does it do? Here is a little background info:
I am 37yrs.old and Norvasc is my 5th med. I do ok on all the meds for a few months and then they start having bad side effects. The dr.says the Norvasc is a pretty high dose and will cause swelling so he would like to work me down. He added the bystolic but I haven't taken it yet. I don't like taking any medication, it took me quite a while and a scary trip to the er with my bp at 180/130, to stay on my meds. So far the norvasc is working fine: 115/80's heart rate: 90's. I actually noticed I was almost out of the norvasc and couldn't afford more now so I'm only taking half and I'm very pleased with how the bp is holding so I will stay on 5mg. Does anyone else tweak their own medication?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

No, I am only on the Bystolic 5 mg. It seems to be working and keeping my bp low. I like it a lot because I don't have the fatigue I used to have with other beta blockers. And I have noticed it makes a difference in my ankles and feet swelling. I hope you get a good balance between your medications, make sure you discuss it with your physician.