High Blood Pressure Support Group

Hypertension or high blood pressure is a medical condition wherein the blood pressure is chronically elevated. Persistent hypertension is one of the risk factors for strokes, heart attacks, heart failure and arterial aneurysm, and is a leading cause of chronic renal failure. Doctors recommend weight loss and regular exercise as the first steps in treating mild to moderate hypertension.

1 Online
1 Online

losartan and blurred vision

Do you have any feedback about losartan?
I've been taking losartan 50 mg for 3 months, and I recently noticed blurred vision with my left eye. My bp has been very low, so I'm planning to to go drs and ask if i can stop taking meds.

Replies

jrueda
jrueda

Of course if you get very low BP you can get temporary blurred vision.

However, been only in a eye, I would go to the ophthalmologist, it should be something different on it.

Jesus.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks, the doctor asked me to take only half of the medicine for a week. He said i might need to adjust the dosage. I should go back to the clinic after a week.
He said I could probably wean off from hbp med in near future and opt to take fish oil, and I should continue living a healthy lifestyle.
deleted_user
deleted_user

i suffer with the blurred vision alot. Didn't realise that you get it with low bp aswell though. Just thought my eyes were packing up on me. One eye becomes totally blurred by the end of the day.