Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online
0 Online

H.S. and Hypothyroidism

I suffered from life interrupting H.S. on a monthly basis until I discovered that I was hypothyroid and began medication for that. No flare-ups since 3 months in on new meds for hypothryroidism.

I was wondering if there are others who also have a thyroid disorder and H.S.?

Replies

hmfeather
hmfeather

yes. I was diagnosed with Hypo and HS around the same time. I took synthroid for 2 years but did not notice a diff in the HS. Lately my thyroid levels have been normal but the HS is still troublesome.
deleted_user
deleted_user

hmfeather, when I started armour thyroid in addition to my synthroid, that is the first month there was no flare up at all. Armour Thyroid is no longer on the market, but I take something for my T3 in addition to my synthroid.
Colleenie
Colleenie

I also have hypothroidism. Diagnosed ten years prior to the onset of hs. Is there a connection? I have no idea. It does seem to be a slightly common factor here though.