Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online

Antibiotics AND probiotics?

Am I counteracting my probiotic supplement with my oral antibiotics???

I feel like this is so ridiculous, but I've always heard you should take probiotics after long term antibiotic usage. Of course, I don't know when I'm getting off the stupid antibiotics and keep getting yeast infections from the antibiotic use. So, probiotics, yea or nay?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

You know this is funny, as I am on antibiotics now for reasons other than HS. I didn't feel adverse affects from taking both, but I did decide to stop the probiotics cause anti and pro are opposite. If you eat dairy you can try yogurt or keef to help in avoiding the yeast issues. I hope someone else will reply to this question. Have a great day!
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • ainteasybeineazy

It's my Birthday and no one cares

Today is my 25th birthday, to my somewhat lack of surprise I can see already no one really seems to care. I've always been the kinda person to make sure that everyone I Care about feels appreciated and knew somebody had their back. I can count 4 times this year when I Went out of my way to make sure a "friend" felt good on their birthday, especially if they got left hanging. Its early in the...