Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online
0 Online

Soap?

Hey guys!

What kind of soap do you use?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

dail anti bacterial
deleted_user
deleted_user

I just sarted using the same kind. So far so good. I also used this black tar soap bar that helped I could never find it again.
cmf333
cmf333

Ive used Hibi scrub for the past 5 years - it helps x
cmf333
cmf333

also i use fucidin cream so as soon as i notice a boil i apply it this also helps but both are not a cure
deleted_user
deleted_user

I never thought of using coal tar before. It's in a lot of Creams and shampoos for Psoriasis. I had bought some coal tar shampoo before, but never used it because the smell is so strong. I don't know what i was expecting.... its name is coal tar... he hee

I've been using a perscribed acne wash called benzifoam for a couple weeks on my arm pit. Seems to be helping
deleted_user
deleted_user

I will check in to the Benzo foam in that an RX? I have also been using ICHTHAMMOL to draw out the bumps alot quicker. It seems to be helping!! It Smells like an oil rig though. :) I am trying a new thing now were I cover all my sores with it once a week. This way I can still try and treat it, but also keep my husband ;0)
deleted_user
deleted_user

Try to find one soap and stick with it for a while. I didn't notice immediate improvement with Dial Antibacterial Gold, but I will use nothing else. I don't think it's prevented the breakouts but I do think it's been good overall for my skin. I also use apple cider vinegar once a week diluted with water and wash with it.
deleted_user
deleted_user

yea, it's a perscription
cherriesonline
cherriesonline

Hi,
My old standby is Dial antibacterial...(I have to be careful, though, I bought Dial Aloe and it's NOT antibacterial and later, I bought a brand called Top Care...supposedly comparable to Dial, but the lather was orange...ewe!)

My Derm Doc recommended Cetaphil and Cuticura Antibacterial and Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing, which I really like, because it's less drying, especially on the face.

I'm a little afraid of Safeguard, as it contains a VERY HIGH percentage of Triclocarban (all if not most antibacterial soaps have this ingredient). Who knows, maybe that's the tipping point to wellness.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have used Cetaphil before, but I did not feel clean. I am really liking the lavender dial! Smells good and make me feel clean :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I use cetaphil. I love it! My skin is very soft after using it. Any boils and inflamed areas feel better since starting to use it too, obviously it's not gonna make it go away but i'm definitely less sore after using it. If you use one of those luffas (spelling?) get rid of it. It's only gonna aggitate your skin and not only the effected areas.

Also wash your clothes in dreft detergent and don't use fabric softener. That should help too.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Dreft detergent, I have never even heard of that! But it would be hard not to use softener. I love the smell.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I use Dial as well, tropical scent :) I've just recently started using an acne body wash from Avon (I'm a rep, so I'm always trying out different product to see what helps!), and I like it. Although it has coincided with my antibiotics, so I'm not sure if it's actually helping or if it's the antibiotics that are working! lol
deleted_user
deleted_user

Dreft is baby detergent you can get off brands too but it's hypoallergenic so it doen't have any chemicals and things in it that cause your skin to get dry and itchy and all that fun stuff that goes along with having messed up skin.
ShannonA
ShannonA

I use Hibicleans, and here recently Tea Tree Oil Soap. Burns like heck on open owies though, but you definitely feel clean afterwards. I just have to make sure I don't use Hibicleans and the other soap together or it dries out my skin badly.