Hepatitis C Support Group

Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.

0 Online

numb & tingly

has anyone else experienced numbness in their fingertips? a couple months ago it was my left hand, now it's the fingertips on my right hand that are numb.

i started going to the Chiropractor, we thought it was caused from my neck being out of whack, but i'm not entirely convinced. i've had numbness down my right side for the last couple years--arm & leg, so it's not from one single source in my back. i'm thinking it's more of a fibromyalgia thing. all this rain we've been getting, and stress at work seem to make it worse.

i also seem to remember reading something about "if you experience numbness......???......talk to your doctor." is this another one of those lovely hep/tx sides?

we must be awesome..............
being able to endure all of this...........
only the strong survive!!!
GO WARRIORS!!!

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Yep, I experience some numbness in my left hand from time to time. One time my neck and back was pretty bad and my doctor said it was straight up stress. So, she gave me paxil and seems to help with my irritability. My girlfriend has fibromyalgia and she has bad flare ups at times. She is still in the process of getting help.

Good Luck and talk to your doc.

Yes! Go Warriors!!
greg1024
greg1024

Yes I did in Tx I didn't tell the Doctor. I took as one of the side of
TX and it would go away after TX was done It did
It came and went here and there while I was on Tx

I also got tingling in my arms. Would use cold pack to
get it to go away
But that didn't work on numbness
Mckenzie
Mckenzie

I had it too, and I do believe it's due to the lack of oxygen.
Having our white cells wiped out, the lack of oxygen doesn't get to the extremities of our bodies.
Which is why it affects more the end of the arms, and legs.
I hope this makes sense, I'm still trying to wake up. lol
Thanks for bringing this up, great topic.
Mckenzie
One day at the time.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Tingle in your fingertips!!!! Numbness!!!
You better check your bloodsugar!!!!
Diabetes is a side effect of TX!!!
get an A1C ,and a fasting blood glucose test!! Now!!!
Simple test, very important!
Make sure that diabetes is not the problem! Cause you can do something to fix that!
If you have neuropothy, caused by diabetes!
IE numbness , you can do things to prevent the spread or even reduce the problem!
Take it from a diabetes Type 2 sufferer, make your move!!
I don't feel my feet or fingers and the doctors missed it!! Be your own advocate, and remember doctors are people, they make mistakes and worse! Get those tests A1C blood glucose and tell me what they are!! I been doing this for ten years with the blood sugar!
Mark
deleted_user
deleted_user

Pretty typical I think along with joint pain, etc.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I did have numbness, but mine turned out to be my neck not TX. I had a lot of joint pain though.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi, I think I have had every side effect possible, besides death! I have had 2 back surgeries also. My chiropractor is my back doctor. I trust what he says. I couldn't sleep with my hand on the bed with me for a while, I had to hang it off the bed or it would fall asleep. But it went away. I think my neck was out for a while. Sometimes you have to get adjusted a few times before it helps. Maybe you want to get another opinion if you're not sure. Did you tell your liver doc? Good luck, Wendy.
deleted_user
deleted_user

i am feeling numbness in my left finger tips. crap, i've been sitting on my left hand.
Barb99999999
Barb99999999

If I did I dont remember,barb
WingedHorse
WingedHorse

I've wondered about diabetes several times. I get the shakes bad if I don't eat by a certain time...................... just one more thing to add to my ever-growing list of medical imperfections! Thanks Marcus, I'll follow up on that.
Gabe, I have been dx w/fibromyalgia in the beginning of my saga

thanks for your posts everyone!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Agree with MarkusO, get your diabetes status checked with doctor. But it may be unrelated to treatment. I remember when training in medicine in 1967 them telling us that one sided neurological changes, including numbness and tingling, were associated with brain problems especially if it is present more than just briefly. So set your worries to rest, see a doctor. All the best, Mindy xxx
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have also had numbness in my left hand for a couple months and even now in post tx, it continues. My doc didn't think it was related to tx but I still wonder. I wake up with it numb and tingly also.
Mckenzie
Mckenzie

Funny thing, I responded to this post 3 days ago, then yesterday morning I woke up with 3 fingers of my right hand numb to the touch and tingling, also my palm.
I saw my doctor just the other day, and told him that I wanted to be tested for diabetes, among other tests, cause since about 6 weeks now, I drink water, dream of water, only think of having enough water in the house.
I only drink water bottles and lately I drink it like it\'s going out of style.
So this am, I went to the hospital for my blood work, so hopefully it\'s not diabetes, I do believe I have enough health issues since doing treatment.
Tonight, still 2 fingers and the palm of my hand are still numb.
So wish me luck on it not being diabetic.
Thanks for posting this great post.
Mckenzie
One day at the time.
WingedHorse
WingedHorse

sorry McKenzie, i\'d never wish that on anybody. hopefully, it\'s just neuralgia or fibromyalgia. keep us posted, good luck sweetie!
deleted_user
deleted_user

bump 2