Healthy Eating Support Group

This community is a forum for people who are determined to improve their eating habits for health, personal wellness and other reasons. What you eat can have a dramatic impact on your life expectancy, your mood, your physical and mental well-being and much more. Share your experience eating healthy, get advice and find others who have similar goals.

1 Online
1 Online

5-HTP

Has anyone had good success with 5-HTP?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

yes i have it helps to take the edge off of things and i take it at bedtime to help me sleep better it is much healthier than antidepresants and i found after a month it worked for me just as well. So good lucj to you in trying to find a healthier way of beating the blues
KLSar
KLSar

i tried it and i didnt do anything
KLSar
KLSar

that was supposed to say "it didnt do anything".
deleted_user
deleted_user

I no longer need to take Xanax thanks to 5-HTP.I sleep SO good now and feel good all day long...I am truly thankful to 5-HTP.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Mikki, how often do you take it? I am never sure of the dosage, and if I should be taking it once, twice, three times a day? I want to get off of my prescription meds and am hoping this will work. Please let me know. Thanks
TheAnthemOfTheAngels
TheAnthemOfTheAngels

One of my clients takes it every night. Her mother says that it has dramatically improved her mood stabilization (she's autistic) and she sleeps through the night all the time. As well as not only sleeping through the night but she also sleeps for a long healthy amount of time. A lot of autistic children sleep for very short amounts of time.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Here's what my doc told me about dosage. 200 mg will help with anxiety and depression. 300 mg will help with weightloss, but some say they have less RESTFUL sleep.
LivingWater
LivingWater

I've tried it. Wasn't supposed to, because I was already on an anti-depressant. Took a low dosage 100 mg. and it was TIME RELEASED (the 5-HTP) I didn't take it to relieve depression--my anti-depressant was already doing that. I took it because I read it would reduce cravings for sugar and starch. I also took it hoping to get "high". When I diet, I feel SO IRRITABLE, sleep suffers, etc. 5-HTP I think takes the edge off.
deleted_user
deleted_user

If you want to learn more about 5-HTP
How to use
Drug Class and Mechanism
Missed Dose
Storage
Warnings/Precautions
Possible Side Effects
Drug Prices
Buy drug
More Information http://mdsale.in/5-HTP