I just got diagnosed this two weeks ago by my endo and am feeling a bit lost as he really gave me no information regarding this disease. He gave me three options with the radio iodine being the the one he seemed most comfortable with. He also sent me to a cardiologist and wants an echogram (just routine to rule out heart disease) I am having second thoughts about destroying my iodine. He basically told me that if i do this I will have to take a pill for the rest of my life and that everything will be fine. He never really explained the all the numbers and he went through it so fast. I felt like I was at a horse race.
My tsi was 259
My tsh receportor antibody was 3.06
my tibc was 459
tsh 3rd generation was 0.01
t4 free was 2,3
t3 uptake 36
ts3 total 262
I just want someone to explain all these numbers and what the best option is and not leave the decision to me with out knowing all the fact
I do have a meeting with my primary dr and am thinking about getting a second opinion and discussing medications options. but the wait is so long to see another at least until august.