I am new to this group. My wife and I currently have custody of our grandkids ages 18 months and 3 years. Our grandson came to us two years ago. Our granddaughter last August. The state of Washington has given us a deadline to make a decision to adopt or release the kids to other interested immediate family or to an adoptive family outside of relatives. We doubt that any of the other family members are willing to adopt. If we allow the kids to be adopted outside the family, we run the risk that the adoptive family would want to severe ties with any biological family completely . I am 59, my wife is 56. We are both employed and are in fairly good health. We love these kids as our own and they have been a real blessing to us. I realize that this is a personal decision that we have to make. I'm just looking for input that would be helpful to us. This is the toughest decision I believe I have ever had to make.
Posts You May Be Interested In