GERD & Heartburn Support Group

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is defined as chronic symptoms or mucosal damage produced by the abnormal reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus. This is commonly due to transient or permanent changes in the barrier between the esophagus and the stomach. If you are afflicted with GERD or heartburn, join the group and find support.

0 Online
0 Online

bra's

Does it hurt anyone else to wear a bra with hiatal hernia and gerd? it kills me :(

Replies

Larkshy
Larkshy

Interesting. It doesn't hurt me. But I guess it could. A bra would put pressure on the right spot wouldn't it?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes. The first thing I do when I return home is undo my bra. I'm going to have myself measured for new ones. Maybe I just need a larger size, but I definately feel less pressure when I don't have a bra on. I also avoid tight pants. Actually, I am most comfortable in my pj's.
MsHoneyB
MsHoneyB

No underwire. It will affect your HH.
dailyfooddiaryuser
dailyfooddiaryuser

I HATE WEARING A BRA too! I am that age though...lol I have gerd and a "big honkin' hiatal hernia' so says the radiologist. ;p

I did buy new bras that are the right size and they hurt worse than my old sprung ones. I don't know what to tell ya...

Definitely wear loose clothing, if your pants are tight and binding, when you sit everything gets squished upward and that is not a good thing.

I was experiencing a problem with acid so I drank a liter of water and jumped off a step hoping all that water in my belly would pull down the herniated part...it helped for a while! There is such a thing as water poisoning so be careful! Drink it all at once.
deleted_user
deleted_user

i got my self some sport bras, not very flattering tho lol, yea i live in pjs and joggers, cant wait to have my op. glad im not the only one, it sucks. feel sorry for us all xxx
deleted_user
deleted_user

Nope not for me.
deleted_user
deleted_user

This is something new to me too. I haven't experienced any problems either.