Gastric Bypass Surgery Support Group

Gastric bypass (GBP) is any of a group of similar operative procedures used to treat morbid obesity, a condition which arises from severe accumulation of excess weight in the form of fatty tissue, and the health problems ("co-morbidities") which result. If you are considering gastric bypass or have had it, join the community where we share our experiences and find support.

1 Online
1 Online

What is the best protein shakes

I will be having my surgery in a few months. I want to be prepared. Which are the best tasting shakes? and most important,which have the most Protien?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Taste is so subjective. One post-ops tasty treat is another's monkey butt. Best bet is to get samples lots of companies have them and you can try before you spend oodles on a big tub of grossness. Also be sure to ask your Dr or Nut sometimes they have recommended brands or stats they want you to seek out. Here's some tips that helped me. Hope they help you too.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/10/icky-brown-gack.html
deleted_user
deleted_user

Try to stick with a whey protein isolate if you can. It is the best absorbed prtotein. I use Syntrax Nectars and Jay Robbs Whey Protein Isolate (powder). I only need two scoope a day to meet my protein requirements. Jay Robb has 25g per scoop. My favorite shake is one container of low carb low fat strawberry yogurt, 2 scoops of protein powder, 3 frozen strawberries (early out you can leave out the strawberries) and fill the cup the rest of the way with water and blend. I use the Magic Bullet to blend all my shakes and use that cup for measurement. It serves as my two protein shakes for the day. I drink half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. Tastes like a real strawberry milkshake!
Donna:)
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi MissGracie,
I wrote a post titled yummy protien shakes, these are my favorites.
Hope that helps!
Ruthe
krystlmom
krystlmom

I hate to make things more frustrating, but chances are, your sense of taste after surgery will be different then it is right now.

Don't buy huge amounts of stuff for after surgery. You'll probly hate it all. If you buy gobs of this stuff and then don't like it, then you are going to be stuck with it. You'd be better, off to take the money you want to spend on this stuff right now, and tuck it away for later.

I gave away probly $200.00 worth of stuff I Hated the taste of after surgery!

God Bless!

Janelle
deleted_user
deleted_user

I just bought some protein online from Syntrax Nectars - it's their dessert line. It's Chocolate truffle and oh, so good. It mixes well with water, which despite some other products saying they do and not making good on that promise. It tastes so good, that I actually look forward to when I have to take my protein supplement!
Sharman
Sharman

I found that th carnation breakfast drink sugar free is pretty decent. IT comes in a variety pack chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. I also add a non-flavored protein supplement to it to boost the protein intake. I purchased Unjury. It can be added to hot or cold liquids, and soft foods. They sell several flavors as well, I have only tried the non-flavored. Here is the link if that helps. http://www.unjury.com/
Sharman
deleted_user
deleted_user

E.A.S Shakes
deleted_user
deleted_user

I like unjury
deleted_user
deleted_user

I used the chocolate E.A.S shakes from WalMart. If I wanted to change it up a bit, I would add ice and a half a small banana.
deleted_user
deleted_user

wow I just made a great shake, if you like pina colada's this one is good. 1 scoop unjury protein powder, add: walnuts, almonds, pineapple, coconut , rum extract, , pineapple extract, coconut extract, milk and water. Blend completely.
deleted_user
deleted_user

i really like the vanilla EAS powder that you can find at walmart.. mixed with nonfat milk, instant coffee, and some sugar free flavored syrup.

when i want something fruity and not milkshakey and heavy, i'll use caribbean cooler or crystal sky nectars. they easily mix with water and are only 90 calories. and they're very easy to take along with you! all you need to do is dump a scoop in your portable container and fill it up with water whenever you're ready to consume.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks so much to all of you...this advice will make my life much easier
lazer
lazer

I LIKE CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST WITH NO SUGAR ADDED. THEN I ADD SOME BENOPROTEIN. ITS THE BEST I HAVE FOUND. LAZER LENNY
deleted_user
deleted_user

I find that any shakes made by PureProtein is yummy. Their stuff is ready made or you can get the powder. It takes something like Slim-fast but it is really good. They have 25 grams of protein per shake.