Friends til the end Community Group

A group for those of us here who get more from our friendships than from the available discussion groups.A place to be accepted and appreciated for who we are.Somewhere to always feel safe and know that especially on the bad days we are here for each other.A place for encouragement and love.

0 Online

God Has Got Your Back !

Do you need a reminder that God has got your back? Dorothea explains how she hopes to head into this new year with less worries and more surrender.

“I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” (Psalm 16:8 )

I use a cane to keep my balance when I walk. Most of the time when I shop I’ll place my cane inside the cart and hold on to the cart for stability. When Norman is with me I am able to leave the cane in the car.

I’ll ask him, “You got me?” He always answers, “Yeah.”

Because of the pain and weakness on my left side, Norman always holds onto my right hand to keep me from stumbling or falling. Even with Norman’s assistance, I find myself watching the ground, just like I do when I’m alone–looking for uneven pavement, small debris, or rocks–things that could easily trip me up. Norman will gently remind me that he’s with me to help me.

David’s psalm makes me think of the Lord’s presence, which is constantly with us. I never have to ask Him if He’s got me because He’s always by my side. I just have to remember to trust God and do like David– “Keep my eyes always on the Lord.” (Psalm 16:8)

It’s easy for our attention to waver. Constant pressures will divert our focus away from God and onto our circumstances–our health, our families, our finances, or situations with our friends. Life has a way of causing us to look down before we remember to look up.

No matter what challenges we encounter, we have to trust God and His promises to preserve us (Psalm 138:7); to sustain us (Psalm 54:4); and to keep us from falling or stumbling (Proverbs 4:12).

I have to remind myself that I need to pray without ceasing (1 Thess. 5:17). I find comfort in the fact that God is an ever present help in my time of trouble (Psalm 46:1). I have to recall all the times when I gave Him my cares and worries (1 Peter 5:7). Totally surrendering to His way and His timing has always led me to a place of His peace, which continues to guard my heart and my mind. (Philippians 4:7).

As we prepare to end one year and enter another, let’s remember that God watches over us and cares for us no matter how challenging our future seems.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for continuing to guide us, strengthen us, and equip us. Help us to move forward with the assurance of Your hand upon us. Amen.

About the Author:
Dorothea Love and her family live in California. She has endured the challenges of chronic illness for more than 20 years and has learned to trust in God’s grace to help her get through each day. Please visit her in the Sunroom or email her at dorothea.love@yahoo.com.

What is one area in your life that you need to remind yourself that God is with you and guiding you through? Do you think you could learn to trust God more in 2013?

Replies

Group FounderLesa
Lesa

Since I use a cane on my good days, this one struck a chord with me. I'd never make it without leaning on Him. I should probably trust more for God to take care of my parents. I worry so about them, and know that worry is a sin...
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Tired

Dinner when you're tired

And not order something or use tv dinner or pizza.I knew a man that lived alone who would open a can ofpeas or soup and have that for dinner.  I will make asandwich, a can of soup, or cereal.
  • iwontbackdown1

Couldn't let this day end w/o mentioning ~

the anniversary of Frank Zamboni's death in 1988 (born 1901). His story, whether bio or sports halls of fame, is worth not only mentioning, but checking out.For those who love Hockey, [Blackhawks here in Chicago]he still is with us all.  Thanks, Mr. Zambini and RIP. xo