Food Allergies Support Group

A food allergy is hypersensitivity to food, leading to various types of gastrointestinal complaints. It occurs mainly, but not exclusively, in children. It is a common type of allergy, and is usually treated with an exclusion diet. The allergy typically presents with skin symptoms, throat tightness, shortness of breath, lightheadedness and/or stomach symptoms.

0 Online
0 Online
  • If you suffer from food allergies, you may be one of the many people that have low stomach acid. Low stomach acid is called Hypochlorhydria. Hypochlorhydria is not limited to any age group, but is more common in older people. When doctors talk about low stomach acid, they do not mean there is less fluid, it means the strength of the acid is no longer strong enough to do its job. The strength of...
  • Over 2300-years ago, the father of medicine, Hippocrates made the statement that all disorders start in the stomach. In many instances that statement is true today as it was in 371 BC. The only difference between then and now is pollution, toxic chemicals and chemical medications that man produces.Malabsorption in the digestive process is the root cause of, Osteoporosis, Gastric Cancer,...
  • i have multiple allergies.Is anyone taking immunotherapy?Allergist i consulted said that it will cure in two and a half year.I want to know if it is effective at all before starting it as you have to take injection of the vaccine every third day.If anyone has improved their allergies with it please suggest.
  • razorbacks

omg

I am 65 and now it starts .... burning lips , coughing all when eating things like mayo, dips, mustard ... could it be the milk
  • adelphyia

Food intolerance?

I'm new here, so hello!So a few years ago I had very severe stomach pains I had never experienced before, to the point where I had to make an ER trip. I ended up having 3 trips within a month. They looked at multiple things but could only guess what it MAY be cauing this pain. From appendix, to reproductive organs etc. While I did eventually have my appendix taken out due to appendicitis (a year...
  • Hi I have just recently discovered after following a plant only diet for the last 2 weeks that I expereienced a dramatic improvement in my symptoms for atopic allergies - asthma, rhinitis, eczema. I am at the stage of reintroducing foods back into my diet and have had some negative experiences so far. I suspect that i have dairy and gluten intolerance. I have eaten them and enjoyed them but...
  • I was wondering if anyone could suggest some healthy food that i could eat for breakfast.I dont like heavy foods in the mornings before work, and i have a milk intolerance which is seriously restricting me from eating more of a high fibre diet in the mornings that id like.I have tried the following over the years and i am allergic to them all. well i dunno if im allergic but they turn my stomach...
  • I currently live in Philadelphia and most of the schools after Daycare are not PEANUT FREE. I am terrified because my son will soon be entering into Kindergarten. My son currently has a peanut and tree nut allergy. I reached out to several different schools and they told me that they offer peanut free tables but not classrooms........stressed and worried
  • jacobdo77

Food allergy Help

If you suffer from food allergies, you may be one of the many people that have low stomach acid. Low stomach acid is called Hypochlorhydria. Hypochlorhydria is not limited to any age group, but is more common in older people. When doctors talk about low stomach acid, they do not mean there is less fluid, it means the strength of the acid is no longer strong enough to do its job. The strength of...
  • I am allergic to wheat and gluten. My brother brought home some Chinese food yesterday and some of it I just can't eat but I did anyway. It tasted awesome. I am still a itchy mess and still taking benedryle. I know I shouldn't have done it. I have done good with cutting out the wheat and gluten. It was really difficult for me because I am an emotional eater and a food addict. I do miss the food I...
  • Br3athePi

Mystery Reaction

I'm 18 and allergic to Gluten, Dairy, and Egg.A month ago today I developed hives all over my arms and legs and back. After steroids and several other medications they still haven't gone away. Hives aren't at all life threatening, but I've also lost my appetite and wake up in the night because my skin is on fire. I can't find any contamination, especially any that I would have been repeatedly...
  • pinkblack441

Goats Milk

Does anyone know of a place I can find goats milk at? Meijer, Hardings, Walmart?I found it one day when I was out shopping, but ever since then I have not been able to find it.
  • randiew123

ears are itching

My allergies are so bad. My ears are itching so bad down in there. Does anyone have a good remedy? I can't sleep I've even taken sleeping pills.
  • Hey guys!I have been eating gluten/corn/dairy free now for almost 4 weeks. I tried this a few years ago but couldn't stick with it at the time. Anyways, I feel so much better mentally and physically! I took up yoga too and that is so great. But my psych symptoms that have caused me to be hospitalized 19 times in the last 5 years, and also caused me to go onto disability are pretty much gone! ...
  • http://allergicliving.com/2015/04/01/required-reading-with-food-allergies-or-celiac-disease/