Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

2 Online
2 Online

tiredness in the legs

Does anyone suffer with their legs? I feel sometimes like my legs are so tired I just feel like im goin to fall out and so tired. Ive heard some people with fibro have ended up in a wheel chair I hope thats not goin to happen to me. Can anyone comment on this with some advice or if you have the same problem and what did doctor say about it.

Replies

DreamWishes
DreamWishes

You should be getting a ton of responses with this one.Shoot I thought my legs might as well of fallen off awhile ago.They hurt so bad,even went numb(i could still feel and move them) for a long time.They still get tired sometimes to where I swear they're gonna give out,but they don't.Rest and stretching is my only advice because all my doctors are horrible.Hope your legs feel better soon.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I'm into homeopathic alternatives. Try some Arnica cream. you can get it at any health food store.....it helps alot
deleted_user
deleted_user

This does suck! I have had RLS for awhile, but the hurting in my legs, etc just started over the last few months. I always have problems when I first get up, I am wobbly and my feet hurt so I walk like a duck, lol. Sometimes I can barely walk because my knees, feet and ankles hurt and I have fallen several times.

I have started getting these cramp like shooting pains up the insides of both legs and cannot move when this happens. My remedy is to just sit until I can move again! Sorry I really have no pat answer for this. I think my docs are just sick of hearing all the different symptoms I have and they just keep upping dosages of meds.

Oh and hot showers/baths help all my aches and pains!

I am also interested in any answers to this problem!
deleted_user
deleted_user

I did have "Heavy Legs"...Mine was Due to a Blood Clot in my Abdominal Aorta..Every Step Felt like I was Walking Thru Heavy Mudd.

Just to be on the "Safe Side", I would have an ABI test done...Very Easy...they just do a Blood Pressure Test on Your Legs.

My Doc did an Ultra sound First, Seen Nothing (In my Legs)...so I Lived with it a few More Years before they Caught it..An ABI test is the Best way to Start.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I remember having such a hard time describing my pain to my Dr. and at first only saying "My legs hurt". Nice to know I'm not the only one. Now my feet hurt SOOO bad that I sometimes don't notice my legs so much.
deleted_user
deleted_user

When I was working my legs would feel like jelly and my feet hurt just walking after just a few hours. Now that I am not working, I still have leg pain but it is not quiet as bad when I can lay down and put my legs up. Hot baths are really good, or a heating pad. Alot of people use electric blankets in the night too. First thing in the morning is always really bad, because I am so stiff it is hard to get moving. Hope this give you the input that you needed.

Hugs,
Angel
deleted_user
deleted_user

My legs do not so much feel tired but do have the pain in them all the time it is that way from my neck to my feet 24/7... so get tired of the pain itself & have to push to keep moving.

If U have not already done so make sure your doctor is aware of the problem U R having & your concerns.

Hope U feel better soon!

take care
gentle hugs
crochetnut
crochetnut

Teaching first grade, I am on my feet a lot. I am also the last room in a hallway that feels like five miles some days. By the end of it, my legs and my back are aching.
When I went shopping with my daughters the day after Thanksgiving, I got to the point where I could not feel my legs from my waist down. I knew they were moving, but could not feel them. That is when I decided it was time to go home. I won't push myself like that again. It was kind of scary. I was sore for a couple of days after too.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yep. Tired, aching, and heavy legs are something I have only recently began to deal with. They have hurt for awhile, but not gotten the lethargic heaviness that they now seem to have. Seems like there is always something. Then the doctor tells you to exercise. Exercise will cure it! Pfftt... whatever. I just nod and go "ok I will try." Stretching helps me, but sometimes the only thing that helps is a hot bath.
gr8ful2b
gr8ful2b

Exactly as Helwell describes it. Sometimes my legs feel like they're made of lead and achy too. My body just feels like one big sigh! Hot baths help me too but is only temporary (darn it!).
fibromama3
fibromama3

I refer to it as having the wobble legs. A few months ago I found some relief from it. I started taking a supplement I found at the health food store call Fibro Responce. It took about a month until I noticed a difference. It only gives me a small amount of pain relief but I havent had the wobbly feeling in my legs for a couple of months now. It seems the help with my energy level too. Its kind of expensive it you get it at the health food store.($25 dollars for a month supply) but I found it online for $12, $16 with shipping. Hope this helps.
AreWeHavingFunYet
AreWeHavingFunYet

I had the same problem with legs that felt so heavy and tired it was hard to walk. My doctor sent me to Dr Patrici Salvato in Houston who specializes in fibromyalgia. She gave me GLA / ATP shots which immediately helped. ATP is a chemical in the energy cycle of muscle cells. Sometimes if you are really stressed, your body has trouble making enough. I took shots for 3 months and haven't had the symptom since.
Kumi007
Kumi007

This happened to me just yesterday, and I think it was from inactivity. As writing papers all day long and when I tried to get up to walk to the bathroom my legs were not cooperating and I had to sit down in the middle of the kitchen more than once. I decided to stretch them and go for a walk. If that hadn't helped I would've taken a bath and went to bed and tried again in morning. The weirdest feeling, but I don't think this means that either of us will be in a wheelchair anytime soon. I may mean that we need to stretch and exercise and stay active. It is possible that the lactic acid was built up in our legs and made them hurt and stiff. if it's cramping up, I think that might be a different problem and need massage as well.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have been having this over the last 7-8 months. I thought it had to be anything but the fibro, so I ignored it. I have been back to the doctor and am now on Savella. It is beginning to help. Stretching helps in the morning, but the later afternoon seems as if nothing helps but rest.
deleted_user
deleted_user

hot baths with epsonsalts and apple cider vinagar work if you rub them well ur in the bath u should feel like a tinglin' sensation it really does work u get alittle more relief this way then just warm or hot baths hope this helps plus with the hotspots i used alot of freeze it ) it's a roll on and don't drip , takin' vitamin D & E helps also.......