Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

2 Online

Thursday Thunder check-in

Take 2! Aloha, everyone! I'm subbing for Leo again, assuming the gurus are still trying to figure out her mysterious computer issues. 
Leo, I hope your computer is finally fixed by the end of the day. 

The 2 of us plus hubby’s parents (4) went into town to a little hole in the wall that served bison everything: bison burgers, bison chili, bison, hot dogs, tacos, BBQ bison, and I swear 30 other choices (I love bison). And the side orders were endless too: fried okra, fried pickles, sweet potato fries, collard greens, Mac & cheese, and so on. You can’t really get eatings like this in Hawaii so…. Every inch of our little round table was covered in food. We ate our selves to death, packed up the leftovers and even ordered some to-go! What pigs. 

Then we drove up into Blacksburg and hubby showed us where he went to college at VA Tech. We also checked out the memorial to the students who were massacred, 30+ dead. What a horrible tragedy and I can’t believe shootings is a normal thing today. Then we went grocery shopping for ingredients for a veggie coconut curry I will be making today. After grocery shopping, I dozed off in the car. And every time I dozed, someone in the car would say, “Right, Blue?” It was over an hour back to the mountain. 

We sat on the porch and watched lightening dance and thunder roll around (another thing we don’t really see in Hawaii). It never poured on us (like the previous day), but they are predicting more thunder storms for the rest of our stay. 

I quit the linzess yesterday and went back to the Chinese herbs my acu provided me… and my gut already started feeling better yesterday and this morning. My ears haven’t stopped ringing this whole vacay and I constantly feel a lack of rest. I’ll try to go to bed early tonight. Tomorrow is the last day. 

Guinness World Records in the food category:

-The most ice cream scoops balanced on a cone is 121 and was achieved by Dimitri Panciera (Italy) in Forno di Zoldo, Italy, on 20 September 2015.

-The most hamburgers eaten in 3 minutes is 12 and was achieved by Takeru Kobayashi (Japan) on the set of 'Lo Show dei Record' in Milan, Italy, on 11 July 2014.

-The largest cake sculpture measures 16.46 m x 13.94 m x 0.54 m (54 ft x 45 ft 7 in x 1 ft 9.25 in) and was achieved by National Association Cake Designers Italy in Milan, Italy, on 4 October 2015. 

-The fastest time to drink one litre of lemon juice through a straw is 22.75 seconds and was achieved by Dennis "The Menace" Bermudez (USA), in New York, New York, USA, on 17 May 2016.

-The most M&Ms eaten in one minute blindfolded is 20 and was achieved by Ashrita Furman (USA), at the Sri Chimnoy Centre in New York, New York, USA, on 8 December 2011.

-The most expensive hot dog is $169 (£101.69; 122.96€) and was sold by Tokyo Dog (USA) in Seattle, Washington, USA, on 23 February 2014.

-The largest pizza has a total surface area of 1,261.65 m² (13,580.28 ft²) and was prepared by Dovilio Nardi, Andrea Mannocchi, Marco Nardi, Matteo Nardi and Matteo Giannotte (all Italy) from NIPfood at Fiera Roma, in Rome, Italy, on 13 December 2012.

For more of these crazy food records go to:  http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/explore-records/amazing-eats

Oh and therapy for today: take care of you and try not to overdo :). Blessings and hugs! 

Replies

Miki26
Miki26

Morning, Blue. That restaurant sounds soo good, I love bison too. I'm glad that you're feeling better of the Linzess and I hope you get some sleep tonight.

I love my cats but I did not want to get up at 6:20 to feed them this morning...I slept better since it had cooled down some but after 3 days of not sleeping, I could have probably slept til noon. Not that that would have been a good idea either, but still. I have to run today, I'm kinda worried because I'm having some pain in my arches...if they get worse after my run I might have to take a week or 2 off. Right now I'm icing them and taking NSAIDs. Never heard back from the therapist about whether I'm supposed to be there at 2 today or next week, so I'm assuming it's today unless I hear otherwise. Then I have my date tonight...gonna be a busy day :/
BlueSky
BlueSky

Morning, Miki. Glad you slept a little better. My husband dragged me out of bed early this AM to get a picture of the of the sunrise so I know exactly how you feel. He plopped right back into bed and was snoring 10 secs later. And your cats were probably happily resting after a good meal lol. Oh how we wish it were that easy for us fibromites. Sheesh. I hope your arches calm down.
Wonderbaby
Wonderbaby

Morning there Blue and everyone,

Blue, I love bison also. Actually we were just on a bison hunt (for meat that is) running from store to store about a week or so ago. Just had a hankering for some buffalo burgers on the grill. It's one red meat that doesn't mess with my tummy issues. And meat is why God gave us teeth! (LOL).
Glad you got to indulge in the greesy spoon food.

And I'm happy to hear that backing of the Linzess is helping. I wonder what it could be that is keeping your ears ringing. (Mine will when everything is quiet...like power is out quiet). Otherwise there is enough noise in the world that keep me from going apenuts over it.
But back in the day....sitting in an hour+ traffic to and from work....it was me and my radio in the car....and I'd arrive with my ears ringing....for some reason loud music drowns out traffic woes. Go figure.

Miki, glad you got some sleep last night. Sorry to hear that your arches are struggling with pain. Could it be from your shoes? Hope the doc calls to confirm, is it possible for you to call again? And I'm hoping for a good date tonight for you. You sure do deserve it.
Wonderbaby
Wonderbaby

I was going to add....

The pool is finally up...we're on day 2 of filling it. Should be done by the end of tonight. I'm hoping it's ready (warmed up) by this weekend. Life is kinda settling down a bit so I'm feeling less anxious.

And big shout out to Kel today...praying your surgery goes well and your recovery even better.

I'll be popping back in later.
TTFN
Wonderbaby
Wonderbaby

Okay and one more thing....Blue, as I was reading your trivia this morning, I kept thinking...dang those Italian's really like things big....and how on earth did they get that many scoops of ice cream onto a cone w/out them melting/compressing too much? Hmm

And I *think* I could maybe match that lemon juice binge. I can easily suck on a lemon w/out flinching. I love home made lemonade too. With some fresh strawberries!

Wishing everyone a great day today!
BlueSky
BlueSky

Wonder, same with the bison... it doesn't mess with my gut, tasty too. Yeah, I was wondering about those Italians and thinking, they really like lots of food and in big sizes LOL. Ack, lemon juice. No biggie going through the mouth, but boy is it sour in the stomach. Yay, pool is almost done!

Prayers for Kel (thanks for the reminder).
Leo
Leo

Good morning from the moron! Didn't look first, then posted. I'll delete my check-in. Big hugs and prayers to everyone. Kel, keeping you in mind all this week; Jon, good luck today!; death to sore shoulders, legs, arms, and so forth!
wvgirl82
wvgirl82

Good morning!

Blue, that food sounds great. I love those little hole-in-the-wall places. It’s great to pig-out every once in a while. I have a co-worker who went to VA Tech. It’s a special place to her. She told me it's really pretty there too. Glad your stomach is feeling better. It sounds like you’ve had a really great vacation. I’m sure you’ll need lots of rest when you get home. I take it from the trivia section that you have food on the brain. Lol

Milily, from your post yesterday, yes, I wonder if the vision problems are from the Lyrica. I’ve noticed that I’m so tired from it that I feel like my eyes are going to roll back in my head and my vision kind of goes wonky for a second. I think I’ll call my neurologist and see what he says.

Miki, my animals and I always get up at 6:00 every day, even on the weekends. On the weekends, I can go back to sleep afterwards and I’ll sometimes sleep another three hours. I usually get up at around 6:00 anyway during the week. Glad you got to sleep better. Good luck on the date.

Wonder, that’s great that you’ll have the pool for the weekend. Also glad that you’re less anxious and things have settled down.

Hi Leo. Hope you’re having a good day.

Well, I guess my next call is to the neurologist. I don’t know if I should go to the eye doctor tomorrow or not. Maybe I’ll have to wait until I get things figured out with the Lyrica. Other than that, I’m okay today. Just really don’t like driving around on an expired driver’s license. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone.

Susan
twinmomab
twinmomab

Good morning
Blue, great job on check-in again, I love the trivia. It sounds like you had a good day. You have been so busy I can't imagine you not feeling exhausted and ready for a break. I'm glad your tummy is starting to feel better. And by the way, I think I could break the M&M record. :-)

Miki, I hope you have a great run, and no problem with your arches. Enjoy your day off. I pray your date goes great.

Wonder, It sounds like you have a weekend full of swimming and fun ahead. Bison is the only red meat I can eat too. Thanks for what you said to me yesterday. I'm glad your anxiety is going down now that everything is settling down some.

Leo, so glad to see you this morning. How is the laptop?

Kel, shout out to you and praying everything goes smooth and your pain is minimal.

Jon, hoping the procedure goes good today and they patch it up really good.

I'm in a lot of pain, and my neck and back are hurting from the chiro treatments. I have found no relief in seeing him, but that's b/c he is trying to straighten me out, and it just isn't working. My body is so screwed up.

I decided to take tomorrow off to take my girls to a water park. As of right now my husband is going, but we haven't said much to each other this week. I want to forget all the hurtful things he said to me earlier this week and just have fun as a family, but that's hard when I don't feel good around him, and he obviously doesn't around me. This just sucks. I'm just praying my girls have fun tomorrow despite my pain and circumstance.

I hope everyone has a good day.
basketballmom23
basketballmom23

Thanks again for subbing, Blue. It sounds like you had a great day. I haven’t tried Bison, but I wish to. I know I like Moose meat. It is a tragedy that shootings seem to be normal now days. I am not a big gun control advocate, but I do think we need much stronger abilities to help the mentally ill. I think that would help a lot. Sorry if I offend anyone with that statement, but it is my feeling. Anyways, I hope you get some rest and enjoy today. Is your trip back to Hawaii all in one day or is it broken up again? Sorry your ears are ringing. Mine have done it 24/7 for about the last 18 months and it sucks.

It sounds like you have a full day today Miki. I am sorry your arches are hurting. Do you have good arch support in your sneakers and your work shoes? I believe you can buy them OTC and it might help. Also try to stretch them by using a towel by your toes and pulling up. Also stretching your calves and then bending your knee while doing it. My doc said yesterday to also turn my foot in 10 degrees and do that. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/multimedia/foot-stretches-to-prevent-plantar-fasciitis/img-20008230 Have a good day and enjoy your date.

Yay for the pool, Wonder!! It is going to be a scorcher (here this weekend and a pool would be nice, but I hate cold water so I have a hot tub. Maybe I will turn it down from 102 degrees. lol Sonny will surely need to hydrate well starting Friday for his Sunday race since it will be about 90 degrees. I bought some watermelon. I figured that is a good way for him to hydrate without thinking he really is doing it. Anyways, I hope you have a good day today and I am so happy that you are feeling less anxious.

Hey Leo. I hope you have a good day and that your computer is finally fixed. Take care of yourself.

Sonny’s last tests are today. Woohoo! My feet are feeling much better today. I am glad work let me work from my recliner at home. That sped up the process a bit, I think. The next 2 days at work are SUPER busy with events and guess what? The event coordinator has the days off. WTF? Boy it burns my a$$. I am sure she got the same 2.5% raise that I got because it is easier just to do across the board and not merit raises. I have went to the Chairman of our unit about it and he agrees, but still. Glad my feet are feeling better. I am sure by tomorrow night I will be a pile.

Good luck Kel! Praying your surgery goes well and you will be an up and running bionic man soon.

Susan, I think you should still go to the eye doc, but certainly put a call into the neuro. I hope your day goes well.

Twin, I’m so sorry the chiro treatments aren’t helping. I wish I could go to the water park with you. They are my favorite. I just wish there weren’t so many darn steps. I am sure the girls will have a blast. Take it one day at a time. Hugs.
Bobbii
Bobbii

Good morning.

I woke way too many times last night. So only 4 hours of broken sleep and I'm feeling tired and heavy and lethargic.

Blue, thanks for check I'm. I'm glad you're liking your trip overall, I know it's hard. I LOVE buffalo burgers! I had some in my freezer years ago and I loved it. Hard to locate now.

Miki, I hope your feet feel better so you can run. I don't want you to have to miss something that helps you.

Wonder, yay on the pool! Enjoy it this weekend.

Leo, habits! I hope your moms birthday went well. It's sad that it takes tragedy for us to really appreciate every birthday. Hope your day goes well.

Susan, I have eye issues just from fibro. I hate the side effects of meds and I sure get a lot of them. So I just don't take them. I hope your issue gets solved soon.

Kel, prayers for healing! Missing you.

Ida, those dogs are so gentle. I'm so glad you now have some sense of security.

Twinmom, I'm sad for you and your marriage, so hard. I know how this stress just wears you down even more, trying to maintain peace. I hope your day goes ok.

BBMom, I hope your camper issue is solved and you have less stress over that.

Just a few more things to do before my guys leave for

To all who follow, enjoy your day. I'm thinking of you.

I have a few more things to do before my guys leave for their missions trip to Haiti. They are taking all of their food for the week so I've made so much! My sweet breads came out beautifully, even the gluten free ones.

After they leave (I take them to the airport at 4am Saturday), I will finally get to rest. My left arm is still a mess. It actually felt much worse following the massage. She unfortunately worked way too hard on my ribs and I developed a knot in one area. So, no more body massages. Just my hands and feet. I hate that I have easy access to a massage therapist (my sis) and I can't handle it.

Speaking of sisters, I'm remembering my older sis who died from leukemia 22 years ago this week. I was her bone marrow donor and that gave her one more year. She at least met my daughter. She loved having her around because her babies all miscarried and that's how they discovered the leukemia. Always makes me sad.

Love and hugs to all my fibro friends.
Wonderbaby
Wonderbaby

WVgirl, I had an opthamologist share one time that when fibro is bad, it can affect our vision. Similar in a way how being on muscle relaxers can relax our "vision" just the opposite happens when our muscles are too tense. It makes our eye muscles weaken and we loose the ability to focus, hence the blurriness and such.

Leo, so good to see you here. And thanks for reminding me to pray for Jon too.

Twins,
You have so much force behind your girl that you just keep rolling! I couldn't imagine heading out to a water park with the kids and arguing with my hubster. Growing up my defense mechanisms when I'd get angry was to just get away from what was causing it. So carrying that over into my adulthood, I don't think I could grin and bare it for long.

I hope it goes well for you and your hubby just behaves. Actually one comment I make to my hubster when I'm upset with him is I tell him to "Just sit there and look cute". It's my way of telling him to shut up!
But I hope you have some fun memories with your girls!
BlueSky
BlueSky

Leo, it's ok. I thought for sure you had posted, but then my sleepy brain realized that was an old one. Then of course DS ate the 1st one I posted here. geez. I'm glad you got on at all. :)

Wvgirl, I was definitely thinking of food lol. What a bummer about your license. That would for sure be a disruption to life till it's all sorted out. Hopefully sooner than later you get a new one.

Twin, I know for a fact that you can beat that M&M record. You should enter and show them how it's done :)! The water park sounds like fun for the girls I'm sure they'll like that. I pray your husband isn't a jerk. I'm sorry you 2 don't feel good around each other. I wish things were different... and at the minimum, I hope he'll at least treat the girls nice. You're really brave for facing all this. (((((hugs)))))
AngelaJo
AngelaJo

Not well right now depression is so bad. Started zoloft this morning and slowly going off remeron. Shrink also doubled my prazosin which stops nightmares and is talking to my neurologist about me going back on klonopin he said i respond well to it so he thinks it would help me a lot. I cant take this! I need to cry but cant, no tears come but i feel the need too *feels like screaming* I havnet really slept more than a couplpe hours in the past 4 plus nights. I am so exhausted and my heads pounding. I am being taken off of lipitor. Just like other statins its killing my legs, My cardiologist said its causing damange to my muscles which is why i fall so easy. I am staying on zetia which is a cholestrol med i been on with the liptior and going on a shot form of cholestrol med that only works on tryglicerides and i have to jab in my thigh and then another pill for other cholesterol. We had too much of a scared in april with my heart so taking no chances.
basketballmom23
basketballmom23

Bobbii, it is wonderful your guys are going on a mission trip. I cannot believe you had to make all of that food though. I am so sorry your massage made things worse. I am in need of one, soon. So sorry to hear about your sister. I am glad you were able to give her another year of life. The camper issue still is unresolved and in the hands of a litigator. It is awful. I hope your arms feel better once you are able to relax.

Wonder, it is funny you should say that about the eyes. When I told my rheumy that there is a direct correlation between my pain level and vision issues he immediately said I needed to see the neuro, who I can’t see until July.

Angela, put your head in a pillow and scream all you want. Just get it out. My mom was on Zetia and it was much better than Lipitor, which in my family we call rat poison. I hope that helps you out and makes you feel better. Praying for you.

Sending prayers for you Jon and hoping the plastic surgeon does his/her magic.

Okay, half the day is gone and I am not getting much accomplished, weird, I know. My headache is coming back. I think it is because I haven’t had my estrogen patch on in 3 days due to the one that was filled (I have had 2) was the wrong one and it makes me break out. I called the pharmacy, which I despise, and they said the doc hasn’t sent the right script in, but I can see the doc did. So…UGH! I guess I will put the one on tonight and just deal with the rash. It is much better than the headache, should that be the cause.

Hugs to all.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • idajoy

Me=idiot. More detective stuff OT

I got a call from the detective today. Some lanky, white, approximately 18yr old is the culpret of our burglary.....it's all on tape at an ATM in Ill. Now for my idiot part. Remember I said I was walking the dog at 4:30am today? A lanky white kid with a backpack rode past me on a bike and nicely said good morning....and I thought nothing of it. At 4:30 in the morning! The cops are sure that's the...
  • awakefield

Witnessed the death of my 13-year-old niece

I've also posted the below in the bereavement group but thought it may be more relevant in the PTSD group. I've read a lot on this blog over the last few years but this is my first time making a profile in order to post. July 1, 2011, my family and I had a lake day. My niece, Whitney, was wakeboarding when there was an accident and the boat propeller hit her in the water. I don't carry blame or...