Find a show that made you laugh. That makes you feel good looking back. Laugh-cry-chuckle out loud or just sigh and be swept away to another world! .... I'm binge-watching stuff like Barney Miller and MASH and similar. Also some other things. If it's got fast talking jokes hidden in the seriousness, I love it. So.... That's my shtick.
What about your reruns of choice? Gilligan's Island? Bewitched? CSI-something? etc. :-)
And, let's face it, we're all a little bit some TV character. or wish we were :-)
Dumb things people ahve said about medical matters:
1. "Providing period supplies will only encourage girls to get their periods". ---- from Twitter
2. "What if we got exposed to a weak version of a virus to get our immune systems to fight the real thing, instead of getting a vaccination?" ---- Twitter, via Facebook
3. "If you vaccinate your baby, he'll get Alzheimer's." ---- Instagram
4. "If vaccines are so easy why don't we have on for flu?" ---- Twitter/Facebook.
5. "Vegans don't need sunscreen" ---- Twitter. (Note: Yeah, they do.)
6. "Dairy causes autism". ---- An ad. Point: At this point, everything does except what does, which is aging flawed male sperm and environmental influences in utero being a problem for the developing fetus, which is the best-bet *medical* explanation at this point. Autism rose when the average age of parents having children did, among other things....
7. "Virgins can't mensturate". Well, that's a shocker to nuns around the world, let me tell ya.
8. "Masks give you cancer". (this one operates on the theory that oxygen molecules can't get through a mask, but viruses are larger than oxygen molecules, and.... )
9. "If you are peeing clear, you're sick." (Actually, no. But...)
and my new fave
10. "India got covid so bad because they're communist". Note: No, they aren't. Really aren't. Oh lordy lordy lordy.
WHoops, new favorite: "Vaccines change your DNA". No. A vaccine goes in and stimulates an immune response in an individual. Radiation can alter DNA. There's a ton of stuff that can. But not known vaccines.
Did you laugh, groan, cringe, and feel 100 IQ points smarter? .... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Hello! I have a broken toe! Welcome to doing yard work where you have rock, slope, and no help. Good news, it's minor. Bad news, it still hurts like the dickens. (And why did Dickens get to be a symbol of pain, anyway? Jk)***Random odd facts for yoru day:Almost all leather goods come from cows slaughtered to be eaten, or slaughtered b/c they aged otu of being able to produce milk. Ergo, if you...
this on my lap so have a good day while I try to breathe in air and not fur!