Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online

Shrink appointment/depression etc

I saw my shrink and he wants me off the zyprexa and back on rexulti. Rexulti is the one that they took me off last year when i showed up diabetic and it was working great then went off it and had my nervous breakdown. My shrink thinks im gaining weight from the zyprexa and that its upping my sugars. He is going to okay it with my dr but its what he wants to do. My depression is back big time and mood swings galore. I was happy when on rexulti. I cant live with being anxious and depressed all the time so praying my dr oks it i think she will though! Rexulti is lot lower on the risk of weight gain and higher sugars than zyprexa. Also He said he does NOT want me doing exposure therapy at this point, not this time of year i seem to crash around the holidays and when its winter. He does NOT want a repeat of last winter with 2 psych hospitalizations. Just wanted to update everyone

Replies

Fantod
Fantod

AngelaJo - This sounds like a really good plan for you. I sure hope that the medication change helps out with all of your health issues. You seem to finally have a medical team that really has a good overview of your situation. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hugs!
AngelaJo
AngelaJo

Yes Fantod, i finally do have a good medical team! Just hoping my doctor approves me to take the Rexulti! I need this depression to go away :( Hard time a year, 3 weeks from the anniversary of my husbands death right now. I would not be able to do as well as i do without all of you on here!
wvgirl82
wvgirl82

That's great that you have a good team looking out for you. That's good that they are going to do away with the exposure therapy for now. That would be miserable having to go out and do that in the winter weather. I hope you can continue it when the weather gets better.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Leo

No Therapy Thursday! Check-in

Good morning and HALLELUJAH! OK, not that, but my therapist called in sick so I'm off the hook for PTSD *and* pain group therapy this week! Their practice is cancelling all group for a couple weeks, so they don't keep spreading germs around, and my PTSD therapist is home sick, so I get a brain vacation for two weeks:-)So, it's US Thanksgiving in a week. What will you be doing? I will be home...
  • BlueSky

Dry skin / cracked heels hack

I don't know if you're like me and you have to combat dry skin.... so part of your beautifying / preservation process is getting out of the shower means slabbing on creams and lotions as part of your daily ritual. I found a cheat by accident that I wanted to share with you and it's because my cracked heels are finally healing is why I've decided to tell you about this. So you know how after...