Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

2 Online
2 Online

Sevella

Has anyone tried the new drug Sevella? I'm on my 4th day and it's really been tough!!

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes, I took it for a week. I can't handle any fibro med though. I prefer opioids for pain and marijuana ;-)
fibrosucks
fibrosucks

Yeah, I'm on it and yes it seems to be rough starting out on just about everyone! I stuck with it until I got to 100 mg and since I have been was on a steady dose I am fine. I had to up the dose slower than most because of the symptoms though. I feel at least 50% better now than I did before I started taking it.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I just started taking Savella too. Im on my 7th day . I move up from 50 2x's a day to -100 2x's a day tomorrow. I'm on a Titration pack. Are you.? I also take Lyrica 100mg a day for a TN diagnosis too.

I 've been told we have to give it time to work! I hope your doing ok.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes I did and it made me really ill. I haven't heard of too many folks having success with it.The new drugs have so many horrific side effects for us all that I wish they would quit pushing them on everyone.
deleted_user
deleted_user

been on it 2 wks now and i am doing great so far hope it lasts!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thank you, I definately get it!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thank you, I'm going to try to stick with it for the two weeks and then we will see.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I dont like it, made me very sick to my stomach, so much so I had to get a scrip of meds to keep from getting sick,....still sick. Also tried lyrica ,,,,didnt work either.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have been on Savella for 2 months. I went off of Cymbalta because I think it increased my fatigue, when I started the Savella. The Savella gave me more energy, but I had more pain and was angry-like from it...I guess it's the norepinenephrine that causes that. Now I take the Savella, low dose of Cymbalta and I take Lyrica, so I am on all 3 of the new meds...feel pretty good at the moment.
PeaceN2You
PeaceN2You

I've been on Savella since June 2009 and it's been great for me. The only lasting effect was a slight increase in my blood pressure which has now normalized again.

I sleep better and I have a bit more energy, and it handles virtually all of the "flu-like" pain of fibromyalgia, but not the myofascial pain so I still do battle with that daily. Lidocaine patches, stretching, and massage are my friends for all that.

Hope it works out for you - seems like it either works really well or makes you really sick - not much in between.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I've been on Savella for about 6 months now, and I love it! I have more energy, less flares, and I was able to go back to working full time just recently.
My Dr. took me off cymbalta before we started the Savella. I didn't think you were supposed to take the two together, the combo can cause Seratonin Syndrome!
I still have what I call my "crash and burn" days but not nearly as often as I did before. I understand that it does make some people sick, but the thing that really bothers me about that is alot of people will try and scare others away from a medication that didn't work for THEM personally.
I think we should all be able to choose for ourselves without, in SOME cases, "exajuarated"(sp), hysterically "reporting' to us what an "evil" drug this is, and to you it may have been and for that I'm sorry, but it should not be pulled from the market.
What about those of us it helps when nothing else did? Are we supposed to go back to living the way we did before we found Savella?. But the scare tactics are also causing people that could benefit well from Savella to shy away from it.

It also makes me angry to hear the scary tales when I know how well it does work for so many of us. Remember..we have fibro..its a mysterious thing..and "what works for me may or may not work for you". I am an advocate for Savella for myself and all the others who are taking it and getting pain relief. Those of us who are responding well to this med. should never feel afraid to advocate or report to others that it does work for us, individually. I know of one lady on this board who doesn't like to get into the Savella discussions because she has been scorned by some of the ones who haven't been able to take it.
Thats just NOT fair. If you are going to start a topic about Savella whether good or bad, everyone should have the right to voice their opinions on how it affects them in a positive way, also.

Sunshine
deleted_user
deleted_user

Amen Sunshine! The same goes for other drugs or treatments...I wish people would only speak to their experiences and not bash the treatment altogether.

I was concerned about seratonin syndrome too while taking Cymbalta and Savella together , but my practitioner told me while Cymbalta addresses both seratonin and norepinenephrine, it is mostly seratonin. And Savella addresses both also, it is mostly norepinenephrine, so they are different. After having been on both separately, I can attest to this. One made me sleepy, the other awake. I seem to have a balance at the moment...however with Fibro it constantly changes!
deleted_user
deleted_user

i am starting the 3rd week and still doing well. i came off 2 drugs while beginning the savella wellbutrin and concerta i have now replaced 2 with one something i am very happy about i hate taking a lot of meds. i did have a headache for about a week, but it was manageable. i have tried coming off concerta and wellbutrin before and it was so rough i had to restart, with the savella i did not have a problem coming off the meds and it is helping with the pain. i have more energy now than i did with the concerta. so my experience has been very positive so far. hope it lasts.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I personally dont like it, causes for me severe stomach upset for hours. Other people have reported it works well for them.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I've been on it for a month and a half. At first it was making me terrible sick. Couldn't even stand the sight of food. Even the thought of food and i was gagging. The doctor told me to five it a month. I started making myself eat and would take it after i ate half of my meal and pray that i didn't get sick. I would have a slight upset stomach but it was tolerable. As for the pain it's not any better. I see the doctor tomorrow to get my blood results and find out what the next step is going to be. My suggestion is give it a month or so like my dr told me and try taking it while your eating. Good luck and lots of hugs.