Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online

OT: My SIL is baaaaack....

Good evening! It's Sunday! I should be watching football.

Nope. SIL --- my husband's sister --- the Queen Ditz of Planet Narcissism --- texted him out of the blue.

In a nutshell, her message was "Oh how sqee-adorable that your wife is going to try to walk a 5K next month, she's so brave, in her place I'd just go into a care center so my loved ones could havev their lives back"

Hubby stupidly texted back, "WTF is that supposed to mean".

Annnnd the texting war is on! Thumbs are flying! Clicks are clicking! Beeps are beeping! Phones are... well, doing whatever they do during a texting session.

It's like watching an invisible tennis match. Ping! tap-tap-tap. Click! Pause. Ping! Tap-tap-tap. Click! Pause....

So far, all we know is, my SIL resents having to do anything to help her kid recover from another follow-up surgery on the leg that broke b/c SIL won't feed her kid enough unless her parents (my parents-in-law) or social workers are breathing down her neck about Nutrition for Dummies. E.g., you can't make a kid live on kale and soybeans. But hey, SIL is still a size 6 in blue jeans! (OK, I'll go there.... her jeans size is the same as her IQ....)

Cheers, y'all, Hubby's gonna need liniment for his thumbs when the Texting Marathon is over. Also, he needs a translator. He didn't know what STFU means. Oh boy...

Replies

AngelaJo
AngelaJo

Oh boy! Sending hugs and chocolate for you!
Fantod
Fantod

I'd like to join that cell phone session. What a beaotch. That is a terrible thing to say about you. She is just a selfish, horrible person. I feel for her kid who has to know that her own mother is the cause of her leg issues. I'm going to just stop right now....

Hugs and. cartoons!
patti22
patti22

Damn it, now I have to clean my screen (spit tea all over it).

And that's still so horrible that your niece's bones are that bad.
mlr0853
mlr0853

sigh Leo....sad
Leeann33
Leeann33

For Halloween she didn't need a costume since she is a bad witch. Sorry Leo and your SIL makes me angry for how she treats you.
Leo
Leo

You'd think after 20-plus years, I'd be used to it, but I count it a victory I am not used to SIL and her antics. It means somewhere deep down I must be sane!

Yeah, niece's bone density is improving but not where they want it yet. And as she's about to enter pre-puberty, growth means she'll need those pins replaced a couple more times in the next 10 years. Ouch ouch ouch! All b/c her mom won't admit to an eating disorder, which anyone else could diagnose at this point without needing to do more than watch an episode of Oprah or something... *sigh* But SIL won't get help, and lashes out, and she knows I won't be mean in return. B/c I just don't respond at all if I can help it.

That said, we may buy her Parenting For Dummies for Christmas, except we did that already when her kid was an infant...
wvgirl82
wvgirl82

I feel so sorry for the people in her life, you and her daughter. She's just a terrible person and to think her daughter may have to live with her mother's dietary restrictions on her for the rest of her life. I hope there's no lasting effects, but who knows. Just terrible.
Wonderbaby
Wonderbaby

Leo, there is nothing and I mean NOTHING worse that I can imagine right now that can compare to watching someone destroy their child.

I know of someone who does this. Exploits her son for monetary gifts and other stuff for her child. And continues to use her kid in so many ways. Now this child was born with some difficulties, but she also gives in to the eating thing. The child now has a feeding tube, is diabetic and has issues with his legs and such to the point he's in a wheel chair. The list of medical conditions grows each year (and it seems that it's from a form of affectionate neglect) but not only is it medical conditions, he educational needs are severely behind. Munchausen by Proxy definitely rolls through my thoughts.

Anyways, I'm so sorry your hubby had to endure that. But good for him for going to bat for you. Maybe a chocolate cake is in order later? Or a nice cup of hot chocolate to share as you cuddle up on the couch later?
twinmomab
twinmomab

She is a horrible human being! I feel so sorry for you and her daughter!
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • anon171

Becoming quite ill and family are dismissive

For the past week or 2, I've been gradually becoming more and more ill. At first I thought I was just suffering with extreme fatigue, I went from sleeping 3 hours/night to 12 hours/night. And along with that 12, I am sleeping another >3 hours throughout the day. This post is ultimately about the family problem I'm having, but I see it fit to explain the whole situation.For the past 5 days I've...
  • jennyoo7

I'm really sorry everyone

During my stress yesterday I posted very sensitive stuff on here without warning others. I've deleted it in an attempt to make it right but I'm really sorry for anyone I upset and will be more thoughtful next time.