Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

0 Online
0 Online

Hot flashes...in my leg....

For the last few days, I have been having flashes of warmth in spots on one of my legs. Very strange...any ideas???

Gentle hugs...
Basket

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I hope that it's not a blood clot my friend. Does it feel hot to the touch in that spot? See if there is any redness in that area. If there is please see your doctor as soon as possible.
Trish50
Trish50

agree with mamahugs .. humm any swelling or red patches? might be nerve pain.. would ask your doc about it and dont wait too long sweeite.. hugs. :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I get what feels like....Warm water running just Under the skin of my legs...they feel hot...but are not red...or swollen...have had it for several years now off and on...
deleted_user
deleted_user

No swelling or redness. I checked that first thing. That why it has me stumped. I know heat can be associated with block chi too so maybe that it is. Will have to call my acupuncturist on Monday.
deleted_user
deleted_user

No swelling or redness. I checked that first thing. That why it has me stumped. I know heat can be associated with block chi too so maybe that it is. Will have to call my acupuncturist on Monday.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I am having the same sensations. Are you taking Lyrica? I wonder if that is a side effect?
deleted_user
deleted_user

I think that's nerve type feelings because it's common in MS. But I get that too, i'll either get "hot spots" or feel like hot water is running down my leg or on my foot etc.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Not taking Lyrica.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I get "hot spots" that come and go all the time, for me its like someone is burning me with an iron and then it subsides. Very random as far as when and duration, not on Lyrica. Not sure what to think other than it can get very painful at times and then it goes away and I just have my normal pain/discomfort until the next time it happens.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have a hot flash running down the calf to the ankle of right leg. Not on Lyrica or gaba.
Have had cervical neuropathy for years but this is new. It comes and goes daily but indeed feels like hot water running down the leg. Maybe someone knows what it is?
Best of luck,
deleted_user
deleted_user

I get hot flashes in different parts of my body and then I get chills so it drives me insane. I have the socks that you wear incase of blood clots but I am not sure if they fit. If you want to PM me I will send them to you just incase, I have two pair
PJamela
PJamela

I was wondering if this problem was ever resolved for BasketMoon? I have been getting the warm water sensation in my left upper back of my leg and thigh, sometimes into my buttocks. It feels like warm water was just poured on me. The first time it happened it was like my bladder just loosened, but of course, when I felt, I was not wet, or hot on the exterier, but kind of cold to the touch.
Weird.
I have searched the Internet with no answers to this problem, and yet so many people seem to have it.
I have been diagnosed with Fibro and NCS. I take Atenolol and Cymbalta, as well as Neurontin.
Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yupp...I would go in...you have stents in ur illiacs right ?? not ta scare ya...but heat spots Not Normal..and that was the one thing they mentioned to me to watch for {I have a stent in my Abdominal Aorta, and one in my Renal artery}...

go in...let us know !!
deleted_user
deleted_user

ohhh...this is an OLD Post...good grief....got Scared fer nothing !
deleted_user
deleted_user

The only two things that come to mind is cellulitis and blood clots. If it's not red, it's not gonna be cellulitis. If you start getting any swelling in your leg, definitely see you dcctor - cause then it could be a blood clot.

Blessings,
Flo