Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online

Home Sick Today

So I fought the cold, and the cold won.  It is now bronchitis, settled into my lungs.  I am coughing up all kinds of nastiness, and I have no voice to speak of.  Add in fibro's friend costochondritis, and I am a sad and miserable zombiekitten.

I did everything I could to rest this weekend.  I did not leave the house.  I slept about 12 hours a day.  I stayed hydrated.  All I can say is phooey.  I just called off work.  This means that I will not get paid for today, and we really need the money.  But I interact with students (clients/customers where I work) and I can't talk so I had to stay home.  There will be a period of time where the office will have no coverage because I am not there, but I still know I had to take today.  Why am I afraid of negative consequences?  I don't know, but I am.

I'm going to banish any thoughts of guilt--I'm doing my best, and I don't think it would reflect well on the office if I tried to work today.  I'm going to rest--drink lots of fluid, take naps, take cough medicine, and the world will keep turning.  And tomorrow will come with its own challenges.  

For some reason, I really miss Mom today.   She's been gone a long time, but I want a mom.  I want someone to take care of me for a bit, and give me a mom hug.

Double phooey.

Replies

Leo
Leo

ZK, if you are ill, you NEED to stay home and rest, okay? I didn't do that enough with my virus and I'm still shaking off a bit of it.

I miss my mom taking care of me and giving me mom hugs, too, and she's still alive. *sigh* It sucks having to be my own "mom". Puma purrs and healing. And my grandma's magic soup.
Bobbii
Bobbii

Sending you hugs! I always lose my voice when I get sick like that. Rest, or you may get worse. It’s hard, but you’ll get through.
wvgirl82
wvgirl82

So sorry to hear that you are sick, but glad you are staying home today. I hope you are able to kick this soon.
Fantod
Fantod

Stay home and take care of yourself! I really hope that you are feeling better soon!
twinmomab
twinmomab

I know how you feel about having a mom to take care of you. My mother is alive but she took care of me when my dad was alive. Now that my dad is gone the tables have turned and she thinks I need to take care of her. She does help with my girls though so I shouldn't complain. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. You sound miserable and you have no reason to feel guilty about not working.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • jennyoo7

I'm really sorry everyone

During my stress yesterday I posted very sensitive stuff on here without warning others. I've deleted it in an attempt to make it right but I'm really sorry for anyone I upset and will be more thoughtful next time. 
  • StarBrightGal

Happy Weekend Heart-Felt Fluff-n-Stuff

What are you doing to keep busy this weekend? I'll be shopping for Christmas today with my Dad. Tomorrow I will go to church and see a baby and a couple kids be baptized. I always thought those were private. Lol. I plan to work on crafts this weekend too and I hope to go to Booster Juice today for a Brazillian Smoothie! I love that kind :) Happy weekend heart-felt friends :)